Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200+ rwkw on a VE SV6

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
man thats low as! the standard ve ss make more then that

Mmmmm Hmmm.. And I should correct. The Auto was infact one of few GT-P's given the Cobra's 305kw Boss engines. I do appologise for that..

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Yeah very much posible, but even with SIDI's 210FWKW could it jump 30 odd KW's at the rears? Maybe a happy dino unless there has been modifications in drive line between the 3.6l and the 3.0l SIDi engines... Hmmm

Obviously all cars are differnet and as are dyno's. I only know the dyno was accurate for this 3.6l SV6 as it pulled the same figures for my mate that he had gotten on seperate dyno's.. That is unless they were all out lol..

None the less 170rwkw is a very lovely figure from a stock V6, wouldn't it be nice to get that to 200 N/A... Mmmmm twin T/B's....

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
i've had mine tested last and it came in at 167 RWKW after powerchip tune, stock it was 160 that's before the exhaust system. Now how much it is i don't know... and that is on the same dyno that churned out around 140 rwkw on a non-sidi model VE SV6 with an exhaust fitted and cai and the powerchip tune. So there is a significant difference between the two...

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
i was thinking along the lines of getting more power out of my sv6, but who are we kidding, you want power you need an 8 or a turbo... no use trying to spend big $$ on a sv6. im on p plates aswell, sv6's are great on p plates, the only main thing im doing is changing the clutch. but i can see myself in a maloo in a few years :)

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
i was thinking along the lines of getting more power out of my sv6, but who are we kidding, you want power you need an 8 or a turbo... no use trying to spend big $$ on a sv6. im on p plates aswell, sv6's are great on p plates, the only main thing im doing is changing the clutch. but i can see myself in a maloo in a few years :)

True in a sense, but there's also another danger. After doing all that modification to my SV6, I had the option for a tasty Phantom SSV at a good price. When it came to the crunch, I couldn't part with the fn SV6, cause I started getting all sentimental about it, and how much time and money I've put into it to be "my" car. Gawd, I hope I get over that soon, cause I really want a V8 lol. But not at the expense of my baby! Don't start fiddling with it if you want to upgrade it for an 8 or a HSV.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
True in a sense, but there's also another danger. After doing all that modification to my SV6, I had the option for a tasty Phantom SSV at a good price. When it came to the crunch, I couldn't part with the fn SV6, cause I started getting all sentimental about it, and how much time and money I've put into it to be "my" car. Gawd, I hope I get over that soon, cause I really want a V8 lol. But not at the expense of my baby! Don't start fiddling with it if you want to upgrade it for an 8 or a HSV.

LOL ... you remind me of my mate... he put his car up for sale and when he was about to sell it he nearly broke out in tears.... still has the car...

Yeah.... can't knock an 8 :) Wouldn't mind one myself.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I'd love a V8, but not as a daily... and I don't need two cars... and honestly a done up SV6 is abit different to all the other V8's out there so I'm happy as with my SV6!! Achieves phenominal economy, looks and sounds great, not bad for a p plater or anyone really. All those wowsers saying "buy a V8, otherwise it's not worth it" - I say BAH. V8's are a money pit, more so than a V6, fuel, insurance, rego, tyres etc etc, no thanks happy with my 6.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I'd love a V8, but not as a daily... and I don't need two cars... and honestly a done up SV6 is abit different to all the other V8's out there so I'm happy as with my SV6!! Achieves phenominal economy, looks and sounds great, not bad for a p plater or anyone really. All those wowsers saying "buy a V8, otherwise it's not worth it" - I say BAH. V8's are a money pit, more so than a V6, fuel, insurance, rego, tyres etc etc, no thanks happy with my 6.

Sounds to me like you've convinced yourself as to why you bought an SV6. That's all that matters.