Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 Calais V Check engine code p2127

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Booked it in for Monday. Explained my problem but said they said had to diagnose the problem themselves at a cost of $150! Il post my results Monday

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Should have been clearer sorry. Those wire colours were for the pedal. I was just thinking it might be possible to trace them to a connector is the engine bay that may have gotten wet. Took a bit of a look at mine, but couldn't really see anything obvious to me.

Going by what SV6.07 is saying, that all fits with what you're seeing and what I'm thinking. Sounds like the dodgy connector is in those two plugs, and this looks like simply putting a new connector in for those wires. But instead of replacing the whole plug they're taking the offending wires out of it and giving them a new connector. For now, I'd give those two connectors in the pics a good clean since you've got some cleaner on hand. It may work, but if it does it is guess work as to how long that would last. Might have to do the bypass anyway. Just a crappy fix in my opinion. Perfectly sound in working, just would be better if the original plug could be replaced in its entirety and look exactly stock.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if cleaning those connectors in SV6.07's info doesn't work, surely it'd be much cheaper to do this yourself. $20 at jaycar gets you a 6 wire waterproof connector, $5 for standard one and solder it up yourself (if you can). You're reading the code and can clear it yourself, so save $400+. (I take it that its still the same one, not p2176 now)

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Easy way to check those connectors is with a multimeter, probe the back of the pins and check resistance across the plugs.

EDIT - having said that, I haven't looked at the plugs to see how easy it is to get to.....

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
your better to drop the car off. to holden tell them the codes. and what u have already done. example. u changed accelerator pedal and still getting codes. make sure u tell them this and that it was a genuine part u used. then holden will not worry about testing the pedal in the diagnostics. i left my car in morning as long as they have the connectors u should have the car back late in arvo. make sure u tell them your aware of the connectors getting corrosion being common. i know holden sometimes can be good to go to. but sometimes they can treat like were all dumb ass ppl. the fix they did to mine is what they do with most cars getting the pedal sensor problem. cost me $460 total.

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
@Muke So you think it's actually the other end of the cable I wet. IE at the actual ecu? Never actually thought of that but it's worth a try!

@SV6.07 Yeah it's all booked in for now but il definitely be having a play with it over the weekend. I know a few dealership mechanics and know exactly how most are with actually doing everything they say. IE not roaring tyre's flushing radiators or even changing the oil. Don't get me started on what they do at lunch time

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
I believe I have fixed the problem! (Knock on wood) I have been driving the last two days with no check engine hence not putting my car into limp mode and turning off ESP. Thanks to Muke for the idea what I done was clean the two connectors in the wiring harness with electrical contact spray. One was absolutely filthy with grease built up all over it.
A quick how to

At the front left side of the engine there is a big connector. It sits pretty high and is very accessible. To open this plug you will notice two raised circles in the plastic that sit in a groove/track and you will see how they slide sideways. The side it slides to you'll see a square bit hanging off the side which you pull out which pulls the raised circles down the track and then out. Only the V6 models have this connector there.

There is also one at the back left near the firewall which is a bit harder to get to. I couldn't actually get it off the clip holding it in place but its exactly same as the connector at the front and you just slide those raised circles again. V8 and V6 models both have the connector there.

Sorry if its a bit hard to follow but as soon as you look in your engine bay you should understand what I'm on about.

Hope this helps and il post an update in a week or so hopefully with good news!

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Drove my car for the first time since Monday (Drive work van during the week) and about 20 minutes in I got the code P2128 with the usual ESP off and limp mode. When I next stopped I cleared the code. Drioe a other 30 minutes and it never came back on. Good to see it wasn't P2127 this time! Must be all related tgiugh

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Started the car today came out of the drive way and P2128 again. Opened the bonnet sprayed the the wiring harness loom at the front of the engine and the code was gone without even having to clear it

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Started the car today came out of the drive way and P2128 again. Opened the bonnet sprayed the the wiring harness loom at the front of the engine and the code was gone without even having to clear it

This is just effing wierd! Maybe a **** connection and is only making contact after you dissolve tiny amounts of corrosion with the cleaner, or the sensor might be SUPER sensitive?

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Geez that really is weird. P2127 - signal low, goes away with a clean, then P2128 - signal high, goes away with clean. I feel for ya mate, as this is doing my head in. Hopefully it is just a matter of it wasn't quite clean enough the first time. If god forbid it happens again, try wiping the pins as well as spraying them if you can. I had to on mine as there was some crap on them. Just be careful not to bend the pins.