Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 sv6 ute, buying advice

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Ever think he serviced it him/herself till about 60ks? just a thought

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
doesnt matter it sold this arvo anyway, so focusing on the blue 2010 one now :D

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Bummer, good luck with it dude, would have gonea ve when i got mine but it was to cheap not to pick up

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
thanks mate

he reckons hes already discounted it from 32,990 to 29,990 so there won't be any room to move on the price

i'll be saying

changeover of $23,000

and my ford falcon

Mate a new one is 32,990 driveway ( and I am guessing you could talk that down a bit as well).... Plenty of utes for sale, tell the dealer he has no idea and look elsewhere.

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
you know you're right, i was used to looking at the thunder price of 34,990

this guy seems to think a 2010 ute is worth almost as much as a 2011 ute!

theres a private seller in ashfield selling a 2010 sv6 with 14,500kms for 26,500.... might be worth a look.

ive never bought a car privately though, any advice?

can i take it for test drives WITHOUT him in the car? i.e. with my missus? do i need to give him a deposit or something so he thinks i wont steal it?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Depends on the bloke. Most I've dealt with want to go with you, which is understandable. Just be very thorough with your checks - ask questions, but also find out the answers as best you can yourself - gives you an idea as to how honest the seller is - after all, they ARE trying to sell the car for as much as they can. Having said that, find a reasonably honest seller, with a well maintained car and you'll be streets ahead of a dealership car, with hidden paint defects, fudged service histories, obscene mark ups, etc.

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
yeah thanks mate

problem with buying privately is I then have to put up with having 2 cars while i try and sell the Ford.

Is the hassle worth it! Still deciding...

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
Is not that hard to sell I recently did sell my wife's car in about a week an a half on carsales. That being said it was a Holden though..... But realistically if you put it on there to sell it will.
Ie if you do what the dealer does and mark it up ridiculously then it may site with you for a while. Also as tinsnips says do your checks.
It still has warranty if your buying a 2010 model which is good for you.
But you can also get state roads to come past the car and do a check for you for $200 odd for piece of mind.
Just be aware that it is only guaranteed for a month or so though

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
ok so tomorrow i'm FINALLY heading up to Rosebery to look at this ute

2010, voodoo blue, 20inch wheels

22,000kms

sticker price of 29,990, im hoping he'll goto 27,990 then give me $5000 for my falcon

anything i should look out for while test driving? its a manual and i've read that the manual is a bit of a tough cookie, is it alright to use?

any well known issues with VE's around this era?

cheers!

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
about the only thing i can think of is there is a recall for the tailgate latches. some find 1st and 2nd a bit short in the manual,clutch can be a bit stiff but not allways. keep in mind that unless those 20's were optioned eg; factory 20'' alloys,when new by the original owner they are more than likely illegal on an sv6 ute because of the tyre load ratings (96v =18' factory alloys, 20'' =95y on a 245/35/20 tyre which is normally the size used.) wether you care or not? many don't ,thought i'd tell you anyway

Last edited: