Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 sv6 ute, buying advice

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Congratulations on the purchase. Post some pics when you have a chance

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Unless you're loading 500kgs+ into the back I really wouldn't worry, the chances of your tyres blowing out and killing an old nan at the school crossing is unlikely. I've had no problems with my achilles and they aren't the correct load rating.

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Unless you're loading 500kgs+ into the back I really wouldn't worry, the chances of your tyres blowing out and killing an old nan at the school crossing is unlikely. I've had no problems with my achilles and they aren't the correct load rating.

LOL! I stupidly put about a ton of concrete in the tray of my ute with 95 load rated tires and only got about 2km down the road before I blew out the inside side wall on one of the rears around a corner. I was driving quite slowly but as soon as there was some load from the corner, out she blew. Never again!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
If I know I've got to load her up, for work, motorbikes or whatever I usually just throw on a set of stockies. 20's really are only for show.

BTW I thought the max wieght loading for our utes was like 800kg? Was your car lowered by any chance? The most I've had in mine would be around 600kg of galvanised plates for bridge rails. That was on stockies though and it looked like a had a set of SSSL's in haha.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Well for one thing in its favour, the 2010 will be run-in, and you won't be paying 20% more fuel bill to wear it in yourself like some of the poor schmucks around here!

I don't think many people are going to hand over the keys and say bye. Too many problems if an "incident" or say - theft were to occur.

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
Im inside now but I think it says 95y on the tyre wall? Where can I see a run down on what's allowed? Best car I've ever had btw.

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
here she is!

ute.jpg

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
Congrates mate