Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 sv6 ute, buying advice

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
its listed as 2010 so it should be SIDI!

he better come down in price, i love the look of this car

The SIDI's started in August of 2009 I reckon. The MY10 was the first of them. At the very least I wanted an SIDI.

I'd love a ute, if only I were single and child free...

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
Thank mate, yeah interested to try this manual out.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
keep in mind that unless those 20's were optioned eg; factory 20'' alloys,when new by the original owner they are more than likely illegal on an sv6 ute because of the tyre load ratings (96v =18' factory alloys, 20'' =95y on a 245/35/20 tyre which is normally the size used.) wether you care or not? many don't ,thought i'd tell you anyway

Very good advice, I bet your insurance company would care though

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
about the only thing i can think of is there is a recall for the tailgate latches. some find 1st and 2nd a bit short in the manual,clutch can be a bit stiff but not allways. keep in mind that unless those 20's were optioned eg; factory 20'' alloys,when new by the original owner they are more than likely illegal on an sv6 ute because of the tyre load ratings (96v =18' factory alloys, 20'' =95y on a 245/35/20 tyre which is normally the size used.) wether you care or not? many don't ,thought i'd tell you anyway

I really did not know this at all

Food for thought actually. Cheers for the advise

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
well i should've read this before i bought it!

just left a deposit on this car.

what can i do about these wheels and my insurance now? if i advise the insurance company they're there, will that be the end of it?

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
hmmmm righto.

i'll be getting comprehensive insurance so it'd be stupid to pay for that and then have any claims voided due to wrong tyre rating?

anyway i drove this car, and i love it. it has been de-badged and has an exhaust and it rumbles like an SS.

I think i'm just glad to be rid of the family falcon sedan and into this tough looking brute ute

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
congrats on the buy :D and the move from ford
VE ute is probably one of the nicest holdens you could buy right now, love them.

with the tyres, insurance wouldnt have a problem with the wheels being 20inch, but as mentioned, check the load ratings, if they arent correct, get new tyres, cheaper than not having an insurance payout incase of an accident.

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
load ratings for tyres written on the tyre walls?

ive only ever looked at sizes on tyres, never even thought about load ratings!

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
load ratings for tyres written on the tyre walls?

ive only ever looked at sizes on tyres, never even thought about load ratings!
yes it is wriiten on the sidewall as part of the tyre size, it will be the last 2 numbers you see followed by a letter eg; 245x35x20 95y. you can go to a 255x35x20 to get a higher load rating which should lift it to 97y. a lot of guys are starting to do this as the 245 does not go any higher. there is some cheap and nasty chinese **** around with higher ratings but like i said ,cheap for a reason.