Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec pcv

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
1. The PCV can’t be blocked off.
2. It’s illegal to vent any part of the system to atmosphere.
3. It’s completely unnecessary to vent it to atmosphere.
Here is what the catch looks like. I’m not sure how to fix this and the mechanic took $250 for it !! The red shows the PCV blocked off, and the green shows the pipe leading to atmosphere. I was told that this is supposed to make hot air from going back into the engine. However idk why the PCV is blocked off, as I’ve never seen any Catchcans with that blocked off… need help as I don’t want it to vent to atmosphere either!
9D228121-38C3-44F6-822C-F7B7557EBBD0.jpeg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The PCV is located in the right cam cover.
You need to go through the thread link and the links in that thread.
Make notes, watch the videos and then apply that to your car.
What you have given a mechanic $250 for is irrelevant.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i have seen on here when they fit catch cans they just pull off the old hose and just leave it when they fit the new hose you just have to trace it back from the catch can in both directions to see where it connected or if it is

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
1. The PCV can’t be blocked off.
2. It’s illegal to vent any part of the system to atmosphere.
3. It’s completely unnecessary to vent it to atmosphere.
1. The PCV can’t be blocked off. X2

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive

Attachments

• 1648365118616.png
    1648365118616.png
    616.5 KB · Views: 104

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
The PCV is located in the right cam cover.
You need to go through the thread link and the links in that thread.
Make notes, watch the videos and then apply that to your car.
What you have given a mechanic $250 for is irrelevant.
So, is It bad for the car that the little tab in the middle has been blocked off ?

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Here is what the catch looks like. I’m not sure how to fix this and the mechanic took $250 for it !! The red shows the PCV blocked off, and the green shows the pipe leading to atmosphere. I was told that this is supposed to make hot air from going back into the engine. However idk why the PCV is blocked off, as I’ve never seen any Catchcans with that blocked off… need help as I don’t want it to vent to atmosphere either!
View attachment 235598
To be honest, it is hard to see in your picture what is going where. It looks like the biggest dog's breakfast. Could you show us where each of the hoses on the catch can actually ends up?

If that is on the air intake side of your PCV system, as it seems to be, that hose on the top will be sucking dust and dirt into the can! The system won't be sucking clean air from the engine air intake as intended. That is on the sucking side.

Last edited:

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
To be honest, it is hard to see in your picture what is going where. It looks like the biggest dog's breakfast. Could you show us where each of the hoses on the catch can actually ends up?

If that is on the air intake side of your PCV system, as it seems to be, that hose on the top will be sucking dust and dirt into the can! The system won't be sucking clean air from the engine air intake as intended. That is on the sucking side.
Hope this is good photo as website won’t let me upload file due to size. Notice a couple things. Little hole (name?) on top of intake normally led to something, now blocked off.
pipe on top of catchcan, leads to open atmosphere. Right pipe leads to left side of engine, left pipe leads to right side of engine.

MOREOVER, wrong thread but maybe you may know answer. After tuning, I’ve been getting ABS and Brake alerts on my dash while parked. Why is that? Normally didn’t happen before Cam and the “tune”
http://instagr.am/p/CbpjQakvWMf/

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
Yes. Super bad.
Could you pls see my last post for better quality if needed.
Can you elaborate why it’s bad, I assume so too but am not sure and very difficult to get info on the car.
Regards