Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the Car Salesman...

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
My company car is due for replacement in about 6 months. Unfortunately I don't get to choose what it is. Currently driving an 05 Liberty GT.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hi 12voltking, im looking at a series 2 vt from a small dealer in town (as in about 6 cars in his yard) he has 10g on it, it has 114000k's on the clock and is immaculate, our mechanic said it was fine too besides may need a service and the horn dosn't work, now i offered $8500 which he declined and said $9k definite. Is there a way i get him to lower his price more and does the horn have to be fixed before i can buy it?
thanks Andrew.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
hi 12voltking, im looking at a series 2 vt from a small dealer in town (as in about 6 cars in his yard) he has 10g on it, it has 114000k's on the clock and is immaculate, our mechanic said it was fine too besides may need a service and the horn dosn't work, now i offered $8500 which he declined and said $9k definite. Is there a way i get him to lower his price more and does the horn have to be fixed before i can buy it?
thanks Andrew.

I know you were asking 12volt, however, if the car is being sold with a RWC, then yes, the horn MUST be operational.

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
Doesn't sound like a great deal to me, even for 9. Is it an executive? Ive seen VX 2 executives, in immaculate condition, with low km, around the 10 mark.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Doesn't sound like a great deal to me, even for 9. Is it an executive? Ive seen VX 2 executives, in immaculate condition, with low km, around the 10 mark.

i know, thats why im asking:thumbsup: but im thinking this guy might not be able to give a big discount for being such a small car lot from lack of making money, i dont really want to pay 9 for it but he said thats the final price even after i told him redbook recommends a maximum of $7800 maximum to the guys face.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
I know you were asking 12volt, however, if the car is being sold with a RWC, then yes, the horn MUST be operational.

thanks minux you just confirmed what i thought, he reckons that he had it checked over by a mechanic and it must be something new........

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
to minux

fair enough mate, just after hearing that it was going to be a work car i just wondered who your generous boss was

on second thought after seeing a maroon ve senator in person and driving it mate a hyundai getz four door would impress me more value for money wise, i mean they don't even paint the lower part of the front and rear bumpers and sill panels. looks like they forgot or ran out of paint. for a car that you pay at least 80k on road and is called sports/luxury car that is the least you would expect. even a ve omega gets the bottom panels painted, not inpressive for the money.

i don't know what sort of car i would be looking at,nothing at the moment impresses me alot (not like when the vx SV300 came out) maybe you could consider a red ve gts, only car i would consider and i still hate it. suck up to the boss and try and see if he will let you spend the money on your own car like before

anyhow let us know what you end up doing

and hey don't let it get to you about the bwm dealer.once my dad walked into a porsche dealer looking at a boxster or something in a flanlette shirt and asked for a test drive of the demo, the dealer declined so my dad flashed about $30,000 in cash green notes (which he had as a deposit for if he bought one). the dealer said oh maybe we can organise a test drive and my dad said nah all you prestige car dealers are snobs who don't know money when they see it, then said i am sure hsv will have something for me and walked off.

anyhow bought a hsv gto coupe 4 and two days later went and picked it up. when we got in it we had driven 10 kms the oppisite way to home so i said where are we going. he said to the dealer, gunna show that prick what he missed out on. gets the dealer outside and said hey mate you work on commision right. dealer (worker there) said yes i do. dad get in the monaro laughing i had it runnig so he gives it a rev and said big mistake, fu^kwit. had to see his face, it didn't only say one thousand words, it said about 5000 words

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
thanks Andrew.

Go halfway with the guy $8750 and he fixes the horn before you drive it off the lot. Chances are he probably paid about 7500 for the car if he is selling for 10K.

Are you paying cash? Take the 8750 with you and show it to him.

thanks minux you just confirmed what i thought, he reckons that he had it checked over by a mechanic and it must be something new........

That is very VERY possible. I had a similiar issue myself just last week. I sold a used car and she came later that night swearing and cursing at me because I sold her a car with headlights that don't work. Well, they worked when it came out of reconditioning otherwise it wouldn't have been sold. I assured I would get the problem fixed first thing in the morning and that she was free to take home a loaner vehicle from us. What else could I do?

and hey don't let it get to you about the bwm dealer.once my dad walked into a porsche dealer looking at a boxster or something in a flanlette shirt and asked for a test drive of the demo, the dealer declined so my dad flashed about $30,000 in cash green notes (which he had as a deposit for if he bought one). the dealer said oh maybe we can organise a test drive and my dad said nah all you prestige car dealers are snobs who don't know money when they see it, then said i am sure hsv will have something for me and walked off.

anyhow bought a hsv gto coupe 4 and two days later went and picked it up. when we got in it we had driven 10 kms the oppisite way to home so i said where are we going. he said to the dealer, gunna show that prick what he missed out on. gets the dealer outside and said hey mate you work on commision right. dealer (worker there) said yes i do. dad get in the monaro laughing i had it runnig so he gives it a rev and said big mistake, fu^kwit. had to see his face, it didn't only say one thousand words, it said about 5000 words

Why do people always have to lie?

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
Hey man, how much do you think a VP Calais white 2 tone would be worth with about under 200'000kms on the clock?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Honestly I wouldn't know. But with that amount of Ks on it....not much.

Trade-in - $1000 if your lucky.