Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Braided Brake Lines advice

Camo1089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Commodore L36
Hey people! Getting myself some SafeBrake braided lines for VT V6 Sedan, just wondering if anyone has any advice for getting them on? Got a pretty good idea of what I need to do, but any advice would be greatly appreciated before I start!

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
check that there clear with little bit of slack when you turn the wheel lock to lock in the air and most in important on the ground and have you got flair nut spanners if not 30 bucks from sca normal spanners can round the nut that screws into the hose

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Also new copper washers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Awesome, cheers for the reply! Do you happen to know what size washers are needed?
Need to go to a brake place to get the correct ones. Last I knew Repco and the likes didn't have them.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
also have a look at the top the nut shape should fit into the bracket so the end protrudes to fit the clip and the kit comes with copper washers

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
When I installed them (safe brake) on my ve I used brake line clamps on the old rubber hoses so as not to let too much fluid go, remove from the caliper end, bolt up the new braided line to the caliper then undo the old line from the other end and bolt up the new line and obviously clip it in to the holder, they come with new clips in the box

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
this is a hose from safebrake i thought the end was shape like a nut but its not and the clip that
secure the hose and hard line
96dfAah.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If I remember right the safebrake kit comes with them
My memory is pretty sketchy but I did have to go to Tas Brakes and buy some at one point. That may have been old the old ute? It does make sense they come in the kit. Pretty sure I fitted Safe Brake ones on the VE.