Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Braided Brake Lines advice

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Can't remember when I put safe brakes braided hoses on my VC, but do remember they didn't come with copper washers...I re-used the old ones.....Whether they were the VT caliper ones or VC caliper ones, can't remember that either...Probably the VT caliper ones considering I changed from rubber to braide

Camo1089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Commodore L36
this is a hose from safebrake i thought the end was shape like a nut but its not and the clip that
secure the hose and hard line
96dfAah.jpg
was it a pain to hook up?

Camo1089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Commodore L36
Can't remember when I put safe brakes braided hoses on my VC, but do remember they didn't come with copper washers...I re-used the old ones.....Whether they were the VT caliper ones or VC caliper ones, can't remember that either...Probably the VT caliper ones considering I changed from rubber to braide
was it worth the switch?

and it looks like this pack comes copper washers

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Braids are a no brainer for me. I've had three cars and a bike with them and brakes have always improved with them.

Camo1089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Commodore L36
Braids are a no brainer for me. I've had three cars and a bike with them and brakes have always improved with them.
yeah i feel like brakes steering and suspension are no brainer upgrades just for general all round safety and better handling

Camo1089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Commodore L36
When I installed them (safe brake) on my ve I used brake line clamps on the old rubber hoses so as not to let too much fluid go, remove from the caliper end, bolt up the new braided line to the caliper then undo the old line from the other end and bolt up the new line and obviously clip it in to the holder, they come with new clips in the box
good advice, was wondering how to save fluid lol going to do a full bleed and flush out with fresh fluid but will keep that in mind for next time. planning on caliper upgrade next