Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying demos

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
hmm bloody expensive. does clarky make covers for it as well? i don't have a missus lol

a 12mm sheet doesn't sound too comfortable!

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
hahah we're not on the same bandwidth... lol. It's more for the comfort of my ute and my mind to know that i'm not gonna have **** flying around when loaded.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
hahah we're not on the same bandwidth... lol. It's more for the comfort of my ute and my mind to know that i'm not gonna have **** flying around when loaded.

oh right haha no definitely not on the same bandwidth.

thats a good idea though, i deliberately try to not put anything in the back as it flies around everywhere

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
How the HELL did you pick it up for 34 K??? Brand new SS? I bought mine for jsut under 40, with hard cover bigger rims and leather seats but when it came out... to know that I could have an SSV for that price.....man i'd be willing to get trade mine in..

It was sourced by fleet company. They have bigger buying powers and use preferred dealers so a powerful combination. The ute was a my10 ssv manual. 37.8 k otr. The fleet swallows up the gst so effectively I got it for 34. I pay 200 a week for it and that's including 25,000kms of fuel. Tyres. Servicing. Ext warranty. Paint,rust,leather protection,mats,tint,5 years small accident repair technology and tow bar.

Don't forget it is a leased car so after my 5 years o have option to buy it for 10k. All in all a new ssv with fuel and servicing and maintenance over 5 years for 200 bucks a week ain't bad. :lock:

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
It was sourced by fleet company. They have bigger buying powers and use preferred dealers so a powerful combination. The ute was a my10 ssv manual. 37.8 k otr. The fleet swallows up the gst so effectively I got it for 34. I pay 200 a week for it and that's including 25,000kms of fuel. Tyres. Servicing. Ext warranty. Paint,rust,leather protection,mats,tint,5 years small accident repair technology and tow bar.

Don't forget it is a leased car so after my 5 years o have option to buy it for 10k. All in all a new ssv with fuel and servicing and maintenance over 5 years for 200 bucks a week ain't bad. :lock:

yea i know a few people at my work that do this. they said it was only worth it if you travel heaps of km's though? or something like that anyway. i didnt really understand

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
yea i know a few people at my work that do this. they said it was only worth it if you travel heaps of km's though? or something like that anyway. i didnt really understand

True. It because the more K's u do the less u pay overall but factor in your car will depreciate quickly with more k's and then your balloon payment wont be covered by value of car. I didn't see it this way i just a poison ivy ssv and for 200 a week. Ok it's not mine outright but I still putting a stainless system on it!

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
True. It because the more K's u do the less u pay overall but factor in your car will depreciate quickly with more k's and then your balloon payment wont be covered by value of car. I didn't see it this way i just a poison ivy ssv and for 200 a week. Ok it's not mine outright but I still putting a stainless system on it!

haha good on ya :thumbsup:

u get your fuel paid for 2?

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Yes fuel included. I get roughy $80 a week. I use bp ultimate.

thats awesome, i used to put bp ultimate in my cars then it got more convenient to use Shell V-Power. i'm moving in the next few weeks and there is a caltex there so i'll have the choice of V-Power or Vortex

--Ben--

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6 ute
From what I've seen demos aren't much cheaper than new, I wouldn't touch one. Laying dwn that much money I'd want new.
Plus not recently, but I've had several years exp' working in new car yards, the saleman sometimes use them as drive cars, and they flog the ^@#! out of them, which isn't good, especially if it hadn't been run in.
I'd also if that doesn't put you off have a really good look at the paint work, scratches and respray, people really don't take care of cars in yards( no emotional attachment).
Either way all the best on your purchase..