Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam and head before and after dyno

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Don’t bother doing cam/heads until you can afford a histall imo. Histall will give great results even with a stock engine.

You can go a fairly large cam with stock stall but it won’t perform like it should, wont be great to live with in traffic and will be harder on the trans than a Histall. They’re no fun when they’re always pushing on the brakes - takes a lot more effort to drive and can be very frustrating.

TrickyH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09.5
Don’t bother doing cam/heads until you can afford a histall imo. Histall will give great results even with a stock engine.

You can go a fairly large cam with stock stall but it won’t perform like it should, wont be great to live with in traffic and will be harder on the trans than a Histall. They’re no fun when they’re always pushing on the brakes - takes a lot more effort to drive and can be very frustrating.

Hi, I can afford a high stall, HTP has recommenced not too, and it daily driven so I don’t want to change the manners too much. Would be fun though. Cnc heads is not necessary but I may as well get them now as I need a dod delete kit anyway. Considering new diff as well.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi, I can afford a high stall, HTP has recommenced not too, and it daily driven so I don’t want to change the manners too much. Would be fun though. Cnc heads is not necessary but I may as well get them now as I need a dod delete kit anyway. Considering new diff as well.
Histall will improve manners markedly.

Just my opinion, but I think spending money on a cam without a converter in these things leaves a lot on the table.

TrickyH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09.5
Results were -
437.7HP (+89.1)
326.4rwkw (+66.4)
Nice rumble. Haven’t driven it much yet but I did notice I need to push harder on the pedal while braking.
The thermal fans seem to be always running which is annoying me. Any info on that?
I’m very happy but never satisfied haha.

Attachments

• 27001714-4EB7-4805-996D-88FEBE95B2D7.jpeg
    27001714-4EB7-4805-996D-88FEBE95B2D7.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 220

TrickyH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09.5
Br304 you had the first comment too, so close. No prizes sorry mate. I’m broke again now :)