Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gumboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
thank you for your help if any one has a late model police car have a dealer look at it the one I got had four recalls on it had a new steering rack re tension lower ball joints re clip elc loom over diff new fueil pipe so much for these car being well maintaned
Ever heard of the saying drive it like you have stolen it.....

Personally I would never buy a ex police car. They are serviced more frequently ie every 10k instead of 15k but that's it. Also they spend many hrs stationary idling. So the speedo may say it's done 90 000km the engine on the other hand has worked a lot harder and longer than the 90 000km stated.

Also those 90 000km are generally done in under 12months

Gumboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Nope.

- Well, at least not in Victoria. They get sold as fast as the auctions get them, which is a soon as they remove all the gear and decommission the vehicle. Otherwise the vehicle is the way and taking up space.
When they do get serviced at a Holden dealer during their Police "service life" - unless the recall affects the vehicles brakes, steering, engine or suspension - it doesn't get done, as the vehicle is required "operationally" and sitting at dealer all day (or two) waiting a software update or piece of seat padding is wasting time. Most of the time, its a "vehicle required operationally/urgently scenario. (particularly Div Vans/ State HWY patrol etc)
- Same reason they never get "re-stickered" after a smash, soon as its repaired - its back out on the road.

All of the decommissioned Ambulance & VicPol Ford Territory's and Falcons still display "Police" on startup as well.
Gotta have something to prove it was a ex cop car right?
No stickers back on after a crash is just lazy. Also looks unprofessional there are many more vehicles to use so no rush to get it back on the road.

Also unsure about this police spec/programing/chip people talk about. Think it's something the auction house uses to sell the car.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Long press for boot button but the key was in my pocket
I have managed to open my boot when trying to remote start the car without looking at the key lol. Lucky no one noticed :confused: