Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ceramic Coating Headers

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Sure, ideally the exhaust gases (from a fluid dynamic perspective) should be as hot as possible in this application. Hot gas will flow faster and react predictably to the design features of the header and collector.
Specifically exhaust gas ecape velocity is promoted by heat, decreased with cooling. Similarly greater flow is dependent on exhaust temperature:
View attachment 196872
Who is this clown. Every post I see of his, is a cut n paste ,hes googled and found from other sites, complete knob who thinks he knows everything but knows FA

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Who is this clown. Every post I see of his, is a cut n paste ,hes googled and found from other sites, complete knob who thinks he knows everything but knows FA

He's been banned from the forum again
He made quite the "Jack Ass" out of himself this last time, so with a bit of luck he won't be back

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

He was a thermodynamics 'xspurt'...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Our old friend is misunderstood but if you look deeper into what he actually achieved you may be surprised. I'll leave it there and go and have a beer for our old mate Pir4te.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
He was a thermodynamics 'xspurt'...

A wise old man once told me that the definition of an expert is:
Ex = Is someone who has been
Spert = Is a drip under pressure

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Im shocked to see the coating on those extractors peeling off and rusting after a few years,my old te50 had ceramic coated headers from the factory and they were perfectly fine after 15 years apart from being dull,the quality of the coatings musnt be up to scratch these days or maybe just a bad batch?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
A wise old man once told me that the definition of an expert is:
Ex = Is someone who has been
Spert = Is a drip under pressure
Another interpretation is ex is the unknown quantity, spert is what come out the eye of the old feller.