Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coles Express Car Wash

Have you ever damaged wheels in a Coles Express Car wash

• Yes, realised at the time and reported it to the attendant

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yes, realised at the time but didnt report it

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yes, but didnt realise until later

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 35 89.7%

• Total voters

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Scott

I have spoken to claims and they said it's written in the T & C's you receive when paying. I said I didn't receive one which I didn't. They then said there is a board at entry that states to refer to T & C.

I admit not seeing it but even if I had, I honestly wouldn't have expected a car wash to say you can't go through if you have aftermarket wheels

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
P*ss me off when they do that.

Back in London i left my BMW at the airport (they park it and collect it for you). the car had electric side mirrors that fold up and there was a button on the inside that folds them down.. They manually forced them down and damaged the motor - when i argued it.. they told me that the issue created was electrical (the motor) and in their terms - electrical issues can not be claimed for as there would be no evidence it was caused by the employee.... f** wits.

In the same instance, the same thing happened at a hotel and they posted me a cheque to have them fixed without any questions asked!

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
hey mate if you grabbed your front wheel and its the same size as the rims that came standard you have a case right there, if there is no way you can get through that car wash without hitting a rim i say contact a higher athority at coles mate

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Nah true it won't say you can't got through with aftermarket wheels. You are more so looking for limit of liability clause in their T&Cs.
Go back and get a copy of their T&Cs. I had a look at their website and they are not listed on there.

Good luck with it.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
I will do.

But her comment to me via email was that their liability doesn't cover aftermarket or non factory fitted accessories.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I will do.

But her comment to me via email was that their liability doesn't cover aftermarket or non factory fitted accessories.

If you paid and completed the wash you have basically accepted their terms and conditions even though you didn't receive a copy of them (most companies will refer to their T&Cs and not actually give them to you at the time of sale).
You may not have anything to come back to them with but could check with a solicitor or such or contact a higher authority within Coles and discuss it with them but don't lose your cool with 'em (not saying you would).

Let us know how you go with it.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate I know what you are getting at.

But I didn't even start the wash. Happened at the entry

:-(

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Presumably you paid for the wash before you entered which is where you are stuffed. Coles would have had their T&C drafted by some legal types which probably means you sign over your house, car and first born if you look hard enough. I don't like your chances.

Reaper

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I am with Reaper. A Company that size would have had legal Eagles draw up tight T&C's to prevent them from litigation. Unless you can afford a QC to take them on I would chalk it up to experience and move on. Sucks I know, but you will find they will have the old "enter and use at your own risk" clauses all over their paperwork.

Paying means you entered the contract and agreed to use the car wash.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

Hmm...ok however acceptance of their T&Cs happened at payment unfortunately. If you want to, get further advise on it and take it from there and have a chat to Coles (follow up with email though to have a paper trail of your conversations with them) and go from there.

Hope it works out mate.