Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE WHEN PURCHASING A NEW CAR.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
i used to have bad experience with my golf gearbox, water pump & engine .... palm me around between dealership and VW. never get contacted by dealership, call them up and excuse always service manager on leave, or he will call me back, bla bla bla. after 2 weeks of annoyance, I said I will call a current affair if I don't get a response before close of business. Guess what, 30 mins later phone rings said oh we have just checked your car and gearbox, water pump have been ordered, coming in tomorrow. pickup me car 2 days later, all sweet.

kirkc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
I am posting this message on the Forum as I have been a Holden person all my life and I don't want anyone else having my experience with YOUNGS HOLDEN

Car was damaged in multiple locations when I went to collect the vehicle. No apologies for inconvenience and negative attitude towards the customer (myself) when mentioning the damage. Even when returning the vehicle to be repaired, it has come back with some damage repaired, some repaired to a POOR standard and other bits not even touched. Emails and phone calls to the manager and sales person have only resulted in attitude and no resolution to the issues.

Anyone who is considering buying a car from YOUNGS HOLDEN, think twice and feel free to contract me if you would like to know more.

YOUNGS HOLDEN, if you would like to get back to me with a solution other then your current email solution, that would be appreciated.

Up to date I still haven't received any contact from YOUNGS HOLDEN, so I contacted Holden. Holden advised they would make contact with the dealer and someone would contact me in relation to my matters within 2 days. 7 days later, I receive an email from Holden advising they have spoken to the new car sales manager and he told them they have fixed the damage. HOLDEN, if you call fixing half the damage to a standard, some at a very poor standard and not even touching the remaining damage fixed then I think HOLDEN need to rethink if they want to stay in business. Not once has Holden phoned me to get my side of the story. Clearly shows what Holden, its Dealerships really think about customer service. So if people out there are looking for free stuff from Holden besides the current offers of free extended warranty, road side and capped price serving, go to YOUNGS HOLDEN and experience the FREE attitude, free damage to panels, bumpers, mags wheels, a paint job with swirl marks to a new car with 7 km's on the odometer. All this damaged was on the vehicle and the dealer claims he didn't see it while trying to hand me the keys. The matter has now been taken to Consumer Protection; watch this space for an update.

I had an appalling experience purchasing my VF SV6 from NORTH CITY HOLDEN also here in Perth. I will never deal with them again...even if it's free. I'd strongly advise anyone considering buy from them to reconsider. Dishonesty seems to be an ingrained part of the culture and all levels. The only honest person I dealt with was their service manager...but my experience with the service department still wasn't much better.

kirkc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
contact the dealer principal directly and not the manager.
They are the one that must report directly to Holden.
I tried that with NORTH CITY HOLDEN (also in WA) and he didn't even respond. I've even had them call me trying to sell me servicing and I politely explained the situation to the poor lady who called me and she assured me the DP would call back....I've been waiting about 6 months so far.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I tried that with NORTH CITY HOLDEN (also in WA) and he didn't even respond. I've even had them call me trying to sell me servicing and I politely explained the situation to the poor lady who called me and she assured me the DP would call back....I've been waiting about 6 months so far.

I'm in the lucky position to have really good Holden dealer where I am , it's been run by the same man since 1969, absolutely nothing is to much trouble , he's a gruff bugger at times , but he and the other salesman are very good to deal with .

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute

Your not the 1st or will be the last to mention North City Holden, good reason why I don't go there either

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
On a brighter note, ive got nothing but good things to say about Rockingham Holden.

Sales manager Andrew looked after me when getting the new series 2, and Paul in service department is the only guy i deal with.
Havnt let me down once..

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
And any of the Brian Gardner outlets in Perth (Holden and Honda dealers) have extremely rude staff for New and Used cars, in my number of experiences. Seems to be due to the "managers". On a brighter note, I have bought 2 used cars from Melville Holden and found them to be easy to deal with and very fair. Dealer Principal is a good guy.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Keep at it OP. Don't let their pathetic ambivalent attitude towards customer service discourage you. It sounds like you're doing the right thing heading down the consumer law path.