Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust System for VF SS-V Redline.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
I hated my DPE on my 6L Calais. I like the sound if the stock bimodal so picked up a Manta /Pacemaker combo. Similar sounding but better. Gets fitted soon

@hsvluva
What combination did you get and will it bolt straight up to the rear mufflers or will the installer have to modify it to fit?
I thought only Xforce made a system that retained the original Bi modal mufflers.

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Not keeping bi modals mate. Waste of money buying a sweet sounding exhaust then muting it :)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Not keeping bi modals mate. Waste of money buying a sweet sounding exhaust then muting it :)

i'm with this guy, bi-modal sounds fancy but meh not for me. I just have J-pipes to eliminate drone. It works.

every exhaust setup is a science experiment, play until you get the result you wanted.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Hey guys! Just got the full Difilippo system with bimodals but i dont think the bimodals are working. Can somebody confirm that when the bimodals are off and you start the car, the valves should be shut at idle? And only open when you boot it?
When i start the car the bimodals are open even if the tick on mylink is off.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
with mylink on, they should open at idle
they should close between like 1500 and 3000

with mylink off they should be closed

is your fuse/relay pulled?

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
with mylink on, they should open at idle
they should close between like 1500 and 3000

with mylink off they should be closed

is your fuse/relay pulled?
No its not pulled. With mylink off with the stock system the bimodals would close once the car is started. I could actually here it make a noise.
So they were open before i start the car and close once i start it.
Now with the Difilippo they dont close on startup when mylink is off.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Are the valves hooked up?

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Are the valves hooked up?
Yep! My stock mufflers were sent to MPI so they could remove the bimodals and weld them into the new system. They make the manta/dpe systems.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hey guys! Just got the full Difilippo system with bimodals but i dont think the bimodals are working. Can somebody confirm that when the bimodals are off and you start the car, the valves should be shut at idle? And only open when you boot it?
When i start the car the bimodals are open even if the tick on mylink is off.
Bimodals have their electronics packaged along with the motor sitting above the flap. It could be that poor welding practice has fried the electronics... but a good exhaust place should have checked all the stuff works as it should before releasing the car to the customer...

So, as others have suggested, with the car off look down the exhaust outlet where the bimodal flap sits and note it’s position (open/closed) then have someone start the car and again look down the exhaust outlet and note the flap position, then increase revs and note the flaps position... if the flap doesn’t ever move, then either the fuse is blown, or the fuse is removed, or the wiring isn’t plugged in, or the bimodal electronics are fried... Do this for both settings within MyLink...

Depending on what you find, take appropriate action ;)

(ps: the default unpowered bimodal position is open since the spring pulls the flap open... that’s why a blown or removed bimodal fuse gives you the noise all the time)...

Last edited: