Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
Got car back they replaced all 8 injectors they said it’s 3 days out of warranty but we will do this specially for you and cover the charge.... He gave us 2 yr warranty or 50,000km hope they last

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Supposed to do it out of warranty as well, Ie recall style

Harli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Given that Holden have gone on record to claim the the injector issue is caused by bad fuel I am wondering whether the people here who have had problems with their injectors help out the commodore community by letting us know.

1) What fuel do you usually fill up with?
2) If the answer to 1) is 98 did you sometimes use 91 or an ethanol (E10) fuel?
3) Which company do you mainly buy your fuel from? BP, Shell, United etc

This information will help us determine whether there is any truth to Holden's claim

I haven't had injector issues (yet) on my car -VFII 42K 2016. I have only ever used BP 98 since new

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Given that Holden have gone on record to claim the the injector issue is caused by bad fuel I am wondering whether the people here who have had problems with their injectors help out the commodore community by letting us know.

This information will help us determine whether there is any truth to Holden's claim

I haven't had injector issues (yet) on my car -VFII 42K 2016. I have only ever used BP 98 since new

Even though I don't think it is what Holden claim it to be.

I can't speak to the guy who owned my car before me (had 15 000km on it when I bought it).

1) 95, with probably every 5th tank 98.
2) Never 91, may have put in max. 2 tanks of E10 over the last 3 1/2 years ownership.
3) Either Shell or Caltex, very occasionally BP.

Harli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Even though I don't think it is what Holden claim it to be.

I can't speak to the guy who owned my car before me (had 15 000km on it when I bought it).

1) 95, with probably every 5th tank 98.
2) Never 91, may have put in max. 2 tanks of E10 over the last 3 1/2 years ownership.
3) Either Shell or Caltex, very occasionally BP.
Thanks jono. Maybe they aren't officially on record with it but the CarAdvice article quoted them as saying bad fuel. Who knows really.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Thanks jono. Maybe they aren't officially on record with it but the CarAdvice article quoted them as saying bad fuel. Who knows really.
That article is as good as being on record as far as I'm concerned.

It is a great question you have raised though Harli, so I'm hoping the others who have had them replaced let us know what fuel they have been using, will be interesting to see.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I may have used 91 in my Redline from BP, Shell and Caltex :( But injectors have been running on this type of fuel for years!

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

What fuel is listed in the owner's handbook ?

lordsnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV

My 2016 manual SSV with about 55K on it hasn't thrown codes (yet). I have only put about 3K on it since I bought it (at 52K), so unknown fuel before that time period, but on 98 since then (Caltex, Shell or BP).