Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Happy The Way It Is?

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I have a series 1 VF Redline in Fantale and absolutely love the car. I put a louder cat back exhaust on it and that's the only mod she will get or need in my opinion. For me the car is just about perfect as it is. Yesterday I was out with the family on a lovely day enjoying the car and had two people chat to me during the day about how they love the car and the colour.

She is a long term keeper and yes like you, I smile and think myself very lucky to own a car like this one.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I'm overjoyed at being the proud owner of a VF Series 2 SS V, for around three months now. I'm fast approaching the grand old age of sixty, and every day I marvel at this beast and count my lucky stars that I own this incredible machine.
I love the burbles and pops as I accelerate and decelerate through the gears. I love the Mylink, I love the way it sits, looking like a great big black cat. I love the key-less ignition and start up. I love everything about this car.
However I read other posts about disgruntled people and their misgivings, and I wonder does anyone else just love their VF just cos they do ;)?
Glad your loving it, at 40 I'm struggling after 5 VE's I can't stand the handbrake and steering. I feel I drive our 2 VEs were the VF I'm along for the ride. Strange but the way I feel. Do love the LS3 and factory 3.7 diff in manual at least

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
Had my VF2 Redline for 2 weeks now. I guess I'm still in the honeymoon period but I totally agree with the OP. I just love the car. It's fast and loud, the technology is fantastic. Of course being new, no rattles, wind noise or squeaks any where and everything works as it should. Even used the automatic park assist and it worked perfectly both times I tried it. I am not going for any mods. Will keep it original. So I am completely happy and thrilled at owning one of these beasts. BTW I am also over 60 :)

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Im happy the way it is for now but part of me is thinking stage i or ii upgrade kit.

metalfossil

Reaction score
Glad your loving it, at 40 I'm struggling after 5 VE's I can't stand the handbrake and steering. I feel I drive our 2 VEs were the VF I'm along for the ride. Strange but the way I feel. Do love the LS3 and factory 3.7 diff in manual at least
Mine is a manual, so I guess I'm in (sorta) control a bit more. The handbrake I feel (my humble opinion) is just a case of getting used to the technology.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I find that the handbrake works amazingly well. The only gripe I have is that you have to check the light on the dash to confirm that it's on.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I've had my Calais for a week now and I'm similar to OP. They have done so well with this thing. I tried the park assist and couldn't stop smiling lol couldn't believe it worked.

First thought I had though was to lower it a bit. Nothing crazy as I hate the tucked wheel look, just something to close the gap. That and window tint will be the first and second prioritys.

I might put wheels on it at some stage just to be different. Something HSV genuine or some nice simple factoryish looking aftermarkets.

Feel free to check it out in the my ride section :)

Ps I've used the remote start way to many times just to hear that thing start up from the outside. That bi modal exhaust is great.

S2lS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline
Had my VF2 Redline for 2 weeks now. I guess I'm still in the honeymoon period but I totally agree with the OP. I just love the car. It's fast and loud, the technology is fantastic. Of course being new, no rattles, wind noise or squeaks any where and everything works as it should. Even used the automatic park assist and it worked perfectly both times I tried it. I am not going for any mods. Will keep it original. So I am completely happy and thrilled at owning one of these beasts. BTW I am also over 60 :)
Hey mate, had mine since oct 2015, still in honey moon phase! Haha. Im never going to get sick of this car...

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Only bad thing about it, is sticking to the speed limit,
why'll listening to the v8 under acceleration.
LOL - The never-ending struggle of man.
Still love mine 9 months down the track.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
Hey mate, had mine since oct 2015, still in honey moon phase! Haha. Im never going to get sick of this car...

Me too (July 15). For the first time, today I washed, clayed, polished and waxed her - normally just a weekly wash. She's stunning. I'm still in love.

I must say claying is spectacular - the car is glass smooth to the touch. Wow.