Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone cammed their VF series 2 yet?

richo_00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFll SSV Redline
Is it worth waiting for your new car warrenty to run out before camming my VF2? Ive already got the W375 pack in mine but keen to cam it..

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
I don't know of anyone in Melbourne that will put a driveline warranty with a cam upgrade, strange considering both Walkinshaw and Harrop will cover it with their supercharger packs. The only 1 that does cover a cam, is incorporated with the Walkinshaw W547, which is their top of line supercharger and cam, including the full exhaust from the W375. But considering the power, the stock trans and diff would suffer, and they can always claim "misuse" to not cover the warranty.
If like myself and Flo Rida, you want to upgrade at least the trans with coolers, deep pan etc then you'd lose any warranty anyway, so forget all that and get a cam and valve train done and trust your workshop to cover anything that may happen.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
KPM and I assume their Streetfighter offshoots around Aus do warranty on cams.

Last edited:

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Chevs Performance Carrum Downs is listed on KPM's website as a Streetfighter dealership.

Last edited:

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Forgot about Chev's in Carrum, they've been pretty quiet of late. I don't mind their Streerfighter wheels, but don't want to go off topic. Either way it will be the shop covering any warranty, not Holden.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
I don't know of anyone in Melbourne that will put a driveline warranty with a cam upgrade, strange considering both Walkinshaw and Harrop will cover it with their supercharger packs. The only 1 that does cover a cam, is incorporated with the Walkinshaw W547, which is their top of line supercharger and cam, including the full exhaust from the W375. But considering the power, the stock trans and diff would suffer, and they can always claim "misuse" to not cover the warranty.
If like myself and Flo Rida, you want to upgrade at least the trans with coolers, deep pan etc then you'd lose any warranty anyway, so forget all that and get a cam and valve train done and trust your workshop to cover anything that may happen.

I'm with Oz Turtle! Life's to short Fark the warranty put a good cam in it. If you don't go silly and select the right stick it's unlikely to cause damage and the installer should warrant any damage caused by their cam install. Just get it done by a reputable tuner.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Well it's almost time to book in the cam swap but to tell you the truth I've still go no idea what profile I'm going to use. Now leaning towards the vcm21 ie.
217˚ 225˚ .600" .578" 113˚ Lsa
RPM Range: 1750-6600.

I'd welcome others opinion on this selection in LS3 with full exhaust and VCM OTR using stock converter 6L80e running 3:27 final drive ratio??

My objective is to reduce quarter mile times in a daily driver.

Last edited: