Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hearing Whistling sound

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
I’ll second that. I still have the issue in cool humid weather.

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
I’ll second that. I still have the issue in cool humid weather.
Took my car to my Holden dealer yesterday armed with the info I gained from this thread. I thought I would have a fight convincing them about the noise but no, they rang a short time later to say they had fixed the problem and the car was ready. In the notes I had handed them i said that when I fixed a strip of electrical tape between the headlights to the gap between the bonnet and grill and took the car out on the highway the noise pretty much went away. Apparently they did diagnostic testing and determined there was a noise at 100k without the tape and none with the tape. In my notes i had said that I presumed the car needed the replacement of that part with a bigger lip as mentioned in this thread. Interestingly, they advised that all these cars built after august 2016 had the newer part. My car was built in september 2016 and therefore had the new part with the higher lip. They said that my part however was slightly warped causing the noise and therefore they replaced it under warranty. Haven't driven it on the highway yet but hoping all is ok. Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread.

Merv

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Ive noticed that if I ever so slightly crack the drivers side window, the whistle disappears. Close the window again and the whistle comes back. Seems like it might just be the door seal.

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
Ive noticed that if I ever so slightly crack the drivers side window, the whistle disappears. Close the window again and the whistle comes back. Seems like it might just be the door seal.
If you want to see if it is the same problem i had, do the electrical tape thing mentioned in my post. When the tape was in place there was no noise. Further to my last thread i took the car for a drive on the highway and the noise has now gone.

Merv

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
If you want to see if it is the same problem i had, do the electrical tape thing mentioned in my post. When the tape was in place there was no noise. Further to my last thread i took the car for a drive on the highway and the noise has now gone.

Merv

Mine is Sep16 manufactured so also has the revised under-bonnet lip.

I 'assume' that if the whistling disappears when I crack the drivers window open, then the source of the whistle can't be from some other location outside the car. If it was, the whistling would continue regardless of whether window is open or closed. But I'll check that assumption.