Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hearing Whistling sound

treesnake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 SII Sedan
Would anyone have the part number for this new plastic shroud ? I went to my local dealership, and the only fix they have in their system is a thicker piece of foam.

thanks

franco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN,VP,VX II,VFII
Anyone with the part number, I am having this issue at 110km.
After many emails to the Holden dealer including pictures and links to all the comments here they still
don't know what I am talking about.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
After 9 months, finally got this issue fixed. Nothing to do with a radiator shroud, the dealer hadn't heard of any such fix and supposedly neither had Holden HQ when they contacted them. The culprit, as they put it to me, was the bonnet seal lifting, which they have re-secured so now it doesn't lift. I wasn't holding my breath when they claimed they fixed it, then took her down the freeway and what do ya know, perfect silence for the first time in the car's life.

franco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN,VP,VX II,VFII
Yes the dealer has said same to me they have not heard anything, they now want me to bring car in to fault for the second time
as the first time they said they could not go at 110km any were near the dealership (I could not argue with that as they are not near the freeway).
It is strange that there is an updated shroud with a bigger lip, Davison do you have the shroud with the smaller or bigger lip??
If anyone has some documentation or numbers they can give me it would be greatly appreciated.

treesnake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 SII Sedan
Holden definitely have a documented fix/repair procedure, I have seen it. My local dealership upgraded the front bonnet sealing foam to a new part number under warranty, and vola fixed. happy days

ps. I tried to get them to replace the plastic radiator shroud, but they declined saying the thicker foam seal is the only Holden fix for the issue.

franco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN,VP,VX II,VFII
So I think there are 2 fixes, thicker foam to seal the bonnet or radiator shroud with bigger lip to do the same job.
Treesnake can you send a picture of the thicker foam they put on and maybe the part number the dealer put on the paperwork.
I would like to get as much info so I can hand it to the dealer when I go back again.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
The GM parts database, at this stage, list the same p/n for the rubber seal across all years (chevy ss). The plastic piece above the radiator has had two different p/n's for some time now. treesnake, I too would appreciate a pic, p/n or receipt description. Holden wouldn't do the plastic part under warranty for me, so I have ordered one. Seems I may need to compliment it with this foam strip.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
if you boys decide to fit OTR's. what will happen then with this bonnet strip?
Typically you cut the rubber strip to size when fitting one....

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I have a vcm cai and the original rubber still intact. At least for the vcm, the vast majority of air is consumed from the grill. Its only the right and left "humps" that take it from the bonnet gap.