Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hearing Whistling sound

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I have a vcm cai and the original rubber still intact. At least for the vcm, the vast majority of air is consumed from the grill. Its only the right and left "humps" that take it from the bonnet gap.

fair enough.
I have a harrpop one and cut mine. dont need to now that i see your point with the bottom part of the OTR doing the most induction

franco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN,VP,VX II,VFII
Found these will ring around some dealers and see if these are in stock and have a look. Got these from a USA website I assume the part numbers
will make sense to the dealers here ???

upload_2017-1-24_17-41-58.png

upload_2017-1-24_17-42-59.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-24_17-37-33.png
    upload_2017-1-24_17-37-33.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 309
  • upload_2017-1-24_17-38-46.png
    upload_2017-1-24_17-38-46.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 311

GaryTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V
Hi Guys, I'm in the same boat with my Calais, whistling by the drivers head, etc. Just wanted to touch base and see if there is any hard data I can take to the dealer and say " Yes, there is a known problem that causes this ". Part Numbers, etc. I'll take anything. I really don't want to reinvent the wheel with my dealer who says he knows nothing about the issues explained. Thanks all.

sequal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV
Hi Guys, I'm in the same boat with my Calais, whistling by the drivers head, etc. Just wanted to touch base and see if there is any hard data I can take to the dealer and say " Yes, there is a known problem that causes this ". Part Numbers, etc. I'll take anything. I really don't want to reinvent the wheel with my dealer who says he knows nothing about the issues explained. Thanks all.

I don't have details, but I had it done at a dealer in Melbourne's inner north. If you don't have any luck, PM me and I'll send you through the dealer details.

GaryTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V
Hi Sequal, thanks for the offer, I have a PM into you. If you could let me know that would be most appreciated. Cheers

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Hi Sequal, thanks for the offer, I have a PM into you. If you could let me know that would be most appreciated. Cheers
+1 to that please. I've also noticed an air whistle directly behind the right ear at 80+kph. Sounds like pressurized air being forced through an incomplete door seal. Tends to happen more so in cool humid ambient conditions.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
My 2016 Redline has always had some wind noise from the passenger side. To me it sounded like it was from the door area. However on the weekend I discovered the noise was actually coming from the sunroof. The sunroof glass car be adjusted. While it never leaked water, the passenger side had a slight gap (you actually had to look with a light) between the seal and the roof.
I adjusted the glass, no more wind noise.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
My 2016 Redline has always had some wind noise from the passenger side. To me it sounded like it was from the door area. However on the weekend I discovered the noise was actually coming from the sunroof. The sunroof glass car be adjusted. While it never leaked water, the passenger side had a slight gap (you actually had to look with a light) between the seal and the roof.
I adjusted the glass, no more wind noise.

Thanks for the tip bigjim92. I'll look into that, because it's occurred to me now that the wind noise only started happening sometime after Holden replaced the sunroof wind deflector under warranty. Glass may have been moved/adjusted to do this. Could be the cause.

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
After 9 months, finally got this issue fixed. Nothing to do with a radiator shroud, the dealer hadn't heard of any such fix and supposedly neither had Holden HQ when they contacted them. The culprit, as they put it to me, was the bonnet seal lifting, which they have re-secured so now it doesn't lift. I wasn't holding my breath when they claimed they fixed it, then took her down the freeway and what do ya know, perfect silence for the first time in the car's life.

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
Hey, I know this is an old thread but I am having the same problem now with my vf2 ssv. I am going to see holden next friday with info from this site and i expect that i will have the usual problem of convincing them. Just wondering if anyone who has had this problem fixed by Holden might have an invoice where the work they did is described. If I could show my dealer such an invoice it will carry more weight than anything I can say. Even just the wording on the invoice would help
Also, if anyone else has had this problem fixed by Holden since the last reply, could you give me the details of what they did. The more info I have will help when I visit my dealer

Thanks

Merv