Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN ENGINEERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
That's frogshit. I agreed that the ZB was a good car, but arrived at the wrong time. Remember my comment? Wrong car, wrong time? All you could do was rubbish my choice of a Captiva when I hadn't rubbished you. You are a hypocritical goose. Full stop.

Thats 'Troll' confirmation then...

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
That's frogshit. I agreed that the ZB was a good car, but arrived at the wrong time. Remember my comment? Wrong car, wrong time? All you could do was rubbish my choice of a Captiva when I hadn't rubbished you. You are a hypocritical goose. Full stop.
I think, trolling.
Baiting the hook & see what he can reel in. Laughing all the way.:rolleyes:

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
I think, trolling.
Baiting the hook & see what he can reel in. Laughing all the way.:rolleyes:
Wrong car, wrong time is a cliche ..tells nothing about Commodore quality. You buy for the time you are in. My wisdom always tells me to buy a modern car, usually the latest model. That wisdom has served me well. I look out to pro reviewers comments and buyers. I trust people, I trust the reviewers but look widely. Question is always : Is this car very good, ignoring consumer tastes . I made a great decision. I Do admit to making one error, but it wasn’t very costly. I bought a new Mazda 3 hatch with 2.5 motor in 2018...Very ordinary, road noise poor, motor ... uninspired, claustrophobic cabin, economy 7.4 to 8. ZB 4 is in another stratosphere, with very similar economy

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Tezza, you really do sound like car salesman. On & on & on. I think you have made your point a long way back. Please please, give it a rest.

This is the point I was making. I was happy for him to come hear and give his opinion (just like badgerdog did) however our friend is like a dog with a bone and can't accept that his opinion isn't the only valid opinion.

Facts are, the ZB is the worst selling Commodore in the history of the Commodore and although not the single cause of the downfall of Holding is surely a part of that. The fact that GM/Holden decided to use that model as the ZB Commodore even with it's great features was a total sales/marketing failure for Holden, this is FACT with the sales numbers to back it up.

Until he learns that his opinion is no more valid than any other posters opinion I will keep calling him on that fact. He's claiming people don't respect what he has to say but on the flip side he won't accept what other members are saying so it really is a case of the Pot calling the kettle black.

Edit: This thread is starting to go around in circles again so I am real close to locking this thread.

@Tessa's ZB. You are welcome to state your opinion but stop bring up car reviewers opinions because as they are not your opinion I don't give a flying **** what they say and seeing as you only keep offering the same reviewers opinions as fact I've just about had enough.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wrong car, wrong time is a cliche ..tells nothing about Commodore quality. You buy for the time you are in. My wisdom always tells me to buy a modern car, usually the latest model. That wisdom has served me well. I look out to pro reviewers comments and buyers. I trust people, I trust the reviewers but look widely. Question is always : Is this car very good, ignoring consumer tastes . I made a great decision. I Do admit to making one error, but it wasn’t very costly. I bought a new Mazda 3 hatch with 2.5 motor in 2018...Very ordinary, road noise poor, motor ... uninspired, claustrophobic cabin, economy 7.4 to 8. ZB 4 is in another stratosphere, with very similar economy

Consumers dictate what car sells well, not car reviewers and case and point, most people choose NOT to buy the ZB. This is fact. Next time I see you mention a car reviewer it will be the last time.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
What amazes me about all posts in the ZB section is that there is always some clown that feels they need to chime in on how crap or not a Commodore the ZB is and it was the cause of Holden folding. Problem is these comenters have more to do with Holden walking than the ZB did as owning/driving a VS,VT,VX,VY,VZ,VE and even a VF is what caused them to close. Put simply you need to keep buying the product and that just wasn't happening. Plenty say build a big rear drive V8 because that's what people want but do they? There are still new VF Red lines advertised for sale near on 3 years after production ended and there were plenty available all through 2018 and early 19. Yes they were good cars and I enjoyed my VF Redline but they were old and needed a tech injection and some decent marketing both here and in the US.

This is true but might have something to do with the fact that dealers were trying to sell the last of the V8's at a premium and people voted with their wallets and left them sitting on the yards (just like those ZB's).

Status
Not open for further replies.