Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hud

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yes, just checked my trim number and it is on the compliance plate. The trim number is 4AA.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, just checked my trim number and it is on the compliance plate. The trim number is 4AA.

Yes and I have red stitching. Interesting!.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
It will also be a bit difficult to measure as it's not at all square.

maxresdefault.jpg

Its seems that Member Forg VF has red stitching or maybe my eyes or monitor are tricking me.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That ain't my car ... it was just the best photo I could find online.
However, yes, I do have red stitching. :). MY2014 Redline, same Titanium trim highlights as in the photo too.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yesterday I rang a holden dealer and told them what I wanted being a 2015 My15 Redline HOOD and bezel. I also told him that I wanted the HOOD with red stitching and he spent 15 minutes found the hood and bezel but found noting about the colour of the stitching so the first thing I thought of was I've stuffed up here so he asked me to hang in there and I will do some research ( I did plenty of that over the last few days) and I will ring you up in one hour.
Over a hour passed them the Spare parts gentleman rang me and he said he has not got a clue about anything about red stitching also his buddies also verified this. I said to myself SH.T Ive stuffed up here!!.
No its wasn't me that Stuffed up.
See the Spare Parts Person got curious and rang Melbourne and Melbourne investigated this and rang the Holden Dealer back to tell them this Redline Red stitching HOOD is one of the many parts that are totally Missing from our complete system so as he spoke its been added to the list of missing parts. Anyhow the man in Melbourne checked in other ways and found the Red stitched Redline hoods. Buy the way the price for the Redline Hood with Bezel is $160 from Holden. Ebay seller selling a used one with white dirty stitching wanted $200 so work that out guys.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Buy the way the price for the Redline Hood with Bezel is $160 from Holden. Ebay seller selling a used one with white dirty stitching wanted $200 so work that out guys.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted to read a seller on eBay would rip a buyer off.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm absolutely flabbergasted to read a seller on eBay would rip a buyer off.

Pays to do your homework doesn't it. LOL,LOL.

BAitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6
And almost 3 years down the track since the last Post, the factory has gone, but I was fortunate to have bought my SV6 in 2017, as GM-H threw almost everything into this model including that marvelous Head-Up-Display.
DSCN4632 (2).JPG

Here it is showing, 5-kph with the outside temperature 10 degrees, (sure would appreciate that temperature these days!!) with the speed limit on this stretch of road 110 - between Tambo and Blackall in central western Queensland, encountering one of several herds of cattle feeding along the Long Paddock.
I have found the speed limit displayed to be extremely accurate, although there are sections "in the outback" where the speed limit is not displayed. In addition, when using the satnav, the instructions are also displayed by arrows and distances when a turn is coming up. I have found that the current readings include long-term road-works and the limits that apply. I only look down at the instrument panel to check on the engine temperature and fuel gauge. I certainly miss it when ensconced in our Mazda3!
I am sure glad I waited until 2017 before buying a new six-cylinder Commodore - apart from the 7 years warranty!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
And almost 3 years down the track since the last Post, the factory has gone, but I was fortunate to have bought my SV6 in 2017, as GM-H threw almost everything into this model including that marvelous Head-Up-Display. View attachment 203312

Here it is showing, 5-kph with the outside temperature 10 degrees, (sure would appreciate that temperature these days!!) with the speed limit on this stretch of road 110 - between Tambo and Blackall in central western Queensland, encountering one of several herds of cattle feeding along the Long Paddock.
I have found the speed limit displayed to be extremely accurate, although there are sections "in the outback" where the speed limit is not displayed. In addition, when using the satnav, the instructions are also displayed by arrows and distances when a turn is coming up. I have found that the current readings include long-term road-works and the limits that apply. I only look down at the instrument panel to check on the engine temperature and fuel gauge. I certainly miss it when ensconced in our Mazda3!
I am sure glad I waited until 2017 before buying a new six-cylinder Commodore - apart from the 7 years warranty!
Yeah BAitch, they actually put the HUD & satnav into the 2016 black editions and then made these features on SV6 and above models standard from then on. I find HUD priceless through roadworks & in the suburbs with changing speed limits ..do realise tho that the little speed limit sign displayed in the HUD may not be the true current limit. However the fact that you can see a speed limit sign on the side of the road & check your HUD speed without eyes off the road (particularly in unfamiliar areas), I find it very reassuring from a safety point of view.
For features that were only standard on CalaisV & Redlines when VF was launched, it took less than 4years to filter down to SV6 & SS.