Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I don't know?.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thank you for the advise, I must admit that most of the items I buy for the car can also useful with my bike. This Friday I will buy a new battery and code reader but, will only spend what I can.

Yesterday afternoon while I was checking the battery I noticed a noise from the engine...high pitch whistle and something opening or closing after I took the key out, what ever it is shuts or opens with a judder ?? best way I can describe it.

When I put the key in my bike I hear the fuel pump could this be the same thing??, If you don't know the best way to learn is to ask people who know you guys can tell me a lot more that a book and for that I thank you guys, well my dad used to say that.

AL73NT.
Yeah, just buy what you can when you can :cool:

I think there are a number of solenoids and electric motors in the engine bay but no idea what would make a whistle sound. Maybe the fuel vent/purge solenoid tubes are pinched or perished and as gas moves about you get a whistle? Maybe the throttle bypass/idle control solenoid? But it’s all just guesses....

The fuel pump is in gem back of the car and i wouldn’t think that would cause a whistle sound coming from the engine bay…

Best to get a VE workshop manual and slowly work through it checking everything. I think some I’d member had a link to one in a post somewhere… try googling

“site: forums.hustcommodores.com.au VE workshop manual“​
without the quotes and chase that rabbit down the hole :p

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The motor and it’s associated electronics makes the high pitch sound and the butterfly is opened full range and then closed full range. The noise is the butterfly closing at full shutdown.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Mum says sell it but I don't want to give up on my first car so any help guy's.
I’ve just logged on after a few days away. First off, good on you for giving it a go. Me personally, I don’t know as much as I should about cars given I’ve owned more than thirty of them, but I’ve learned since being a part of this forum that there are some very knowledgeable people with great experience and advice, so given your keen attitude to have a go yourself and with the help from these guys, I’m sure you will do okay. But remember, as has been suggested, don’t run your race too hard and fast, and you will come out a winner. After all, what do mums know:)

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
My mum says I’m cool.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
If engine don't crank.
The one Question know one has asked is, does the security / engine immobiliser light go off when turn the ignition on?
Can you lock & unlock the car with the remote?
Maybe a flat battery in the key.

AL73NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1
If engine don't crank.
The one Question know one has asked is, does the security / engine immobiliser light go off when turn the ignition on?
Can you lock & unlock the car with the remote?
Maybe a flat battery in the key.
Hi guys,

Thank you all for the sound advise, remote battery changed and immobilizer light goes off .

Today I have a new battery 550CCA and a scan tool think I'm gonna need some luck here, found LED lights behind bumper with IR controller and phone line/ blue cables running from the boot to the radio, I took drivers side panel off the radio to see where these wires go and a black box fell out:rolleyes: that's where the wires go into from there on the out god knows I push the black box back in and put the panel back for now.

On Saturday will be out there with the VE....I'm not giving up car:mad:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I like that. “wTF… *Pushes all back in”

Well that’s not supposed to be there and a job for later to explore what it’s all connected to. If you get parasitic drain problems, you know your first job.