Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I don't know?.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The motor and it’s associated electronics makes the high pitch sound and the butterfly is opened full range and then closed full range. The noise is the butterfly closing at full shutdown.
Correct. Annoys the shite out of me with the SV6 that it does the high pitch whine. The SSV doesn’t do it and neither has any other car I’ve ever owned with fly by wire throttle so why couldn’t they make it quiet with the VE V6?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
IThought the ve required a higher cca than the 550cca?
Yeah. Most of them on the interwebs are 620-700CCA.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I use 850cca on the Calais V with an LY7. Always have.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
550 will be fine, it's just a little unusual these days to see much below a 600 rated battery. Rule of thumb is to match cubic displacement as a minimum. The rating is for well below 0c

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If you only ever do very short trips in the car, keep an eye on your battery voltage…

Starting the car takes electrical energy out of the battery and a short drive may not put enough energy back into it to bring it back to where it was before the start. With lots of short trips, over time the battery can get depleted. A larger Ah battery capacity will allow a longer time between depletions as such. Longer drives will also allow the alternator to charge the battery more effectively.

Periodically putting the battery on a maintenance charger overnight will also do the same and places less stress on Tne vehicles alternator which isn’t really built to chanrge a dead battery…

So it’s not just CCA that matters as driving behaviour also plays a part…

AL73NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1
If you only ever do very short trips in the car, keep an eye on your battery voltage…

Starting the car takes electrical energy out of the battery and a short drive may not put enough energy back into it to bring it back to where it was before the start. With lots of short trips, over time the battery can get depleted. A larger Ah battery capacity will allow a longer time between depletions as such. Longer drives will also allow the alternator to charge the battery more effectively.

Periodically putting the battery on a maintenance charger overnight will also do the same and places less stress on Tne vehicles alternator which isn’t really built to chanrge a dead battery…

So it’s not just CCA that matters as driving behaviour also plays a part…
G'day guys,

I would love to have got a 850CCA as that's what was in it but, that was all I could afford right now and was told would be okay.

I put the battery in still will not start, plugged in Topdon ArtLink 300 scan tool and got this on the screen.

P0500
GENERIC PENDING
VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR
A

I don't know ???

AL73NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1
G'day guys,

I would love to have got a 850CCA as that's what was in it but, that was all I could afford right now and was told would be okay.

I put the battery in still will not start, plugged in Topdon ArtLink 300 scan tool and got this on the screen.

P0500
GENERIC PENDING
VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR
A

I don't know ???
Guys now know what P0500 is will take it out look and clean and see if the fault go's but I wont replace it if it is no good till until I can start the engine. When I brought the car there was a small box in the boot with bits in it ,I did not know what they were. Today have found out that I have 2 new 02 sensors and 2 new wheel sensors front/back don't say on the box.

I must admit this VE is starting to get to me, yes I want to learn about cars but this is so frustrating when it wont even start.

AL73NT.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A fault code doesn’t mean the part is faulty. It means something in the data exceeds the operational tolerances and investigation is required. It’s not a case of plug it in and it tells us what is broken. The various sensors may very well be doing what they are designed to do. If parameters are exceeded there is often a whole raft of possible causes for the code being set.

You need to download the workshop manual and work intensely from that or you could very well replace the whole car bit by bit and still have fault codes.