Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I don't know?.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Reading the very first post, the op states the car was overheating and running rough...Yes he drove it the next day but no indication if it was running rough.

So my theory is, it has an internal problem, ie around the head causing it not to start/run...

So to the op, pull the dipstick out and see if the oil is milky....Open the oil cap and check for milkiness around that.

Another possibility is, has it got the dreaded timing chain issue, where it has allowed the cam timing to jump so far out of timing, it refuses to start?

It has also been mentioned it is low on fuel....Have you put more in? Is the fuel pump actually working and getting fuel upto the engine?

AL73NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1
A fault code doesn’t mean the part is faulty. It means something in the data exceeds the operational tolerances and investigation is required. It’s not a case of plug it in and it tells us what is broken. The various sensors may very well be doing what they are designed to do. If parameters are exceeded there is often a whole raft of possible causes for the code being set.

You need to download the workshop manual and work intensely from that or you could very well replace the whole car bit by bit and still have fault codes.
G'day all,

I am still waiting for my work shop manual from eBay but aust post is not playing ball...DELAYED how annoying. The black box behind the radio turned out to be to do with sound, seems at some point the car was used as a big music box lights and all.

I am still reading posts and have a few things to look at while I wait for my book.

AL73NT.

AL73NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1
Reading the very first post, the op states the car was overheating and running rough...Yes he drove it the next day but no indication if it was running rough.

So my theory is, it has an internal problem, ie around the head causing it not to start/run...

So to the op, pull the dipstick out and see if the oil is milky....Open the oil cap and check for milkiness around that.

Another possibility is, has it got the dreaded timing chain issue, where it has allowed the cam timing to jump so far out of timing, it refuses to start?

It has also been mentioned it is low on fuel....Have you put more in? Is the fuel pump actually working and getting fuel upto the engine?
Hi VC,

Oil is fine I did look and didn't have timing chain problem and I have put petrol in, it was running rough because of the wrong plugs I was given with the car. I am thinking it's electrical but I'm awaiting book so I don't go in blind??.

AL73NT

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi VC,

Oil is fine I did look and didn't have timing chain problem and I have put petrol in, it was running rough because of the wrong plugs I was given with the car. I am thinking it's electrical but I'm awaiting book so I don't go in blind??.

AL73NT

Why would you get an eBay copy of the same manual available from a link here on the forum that’s free and fast?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Actually, the VE manual never came as a book.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You need to enable the sidebar in the pdf reader to navigate the document. Links don’t work but you can use the search feature to find them.

AL73NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1
You need to enable the sidebar in the pdf reader to navigate the document. Links don’t work but you can use the search feature to find them.
Thank you,

I have today my Haynes Repair Manual...Holden Commodore 2006/2017 VE & VF Series V6 and V8. I have already found out there are 3 fuse boxes I checked 2 but didn't know there was a 3rd one behind the kick panel passenger side, I will go and check it out later today.

I made a promise to Mum that if I could not get it running by the time it runs out of rego I would sell it so have 10 days left.

Some advise needed?, I have changed all the outside lights to LED and all work but indicators flash to fast should I put a resistor at the flasher unit or put a resistor on each indicator globe?, in the past on bikes I have put resistor on each what do you guys think?.

AL73NT.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thank you,

I have today my Haynes Repair Manual...Holden Commodore 2006/2017 VE & VF Series V6 and V8. I have already found out there are 3 fuse boxes I checked 2 but didn't know there was a 3rd one behind the kick panel passenger side, I will go and check it out later today.

I made a promise to Mum that if I could not get it running by the time it runs out of rego I would sell it so have 10 days left.

Some advise needed?, I have changed all the outside lights to LED and all work but indicators flash to fast should I put a resistor at the flasher unit or put a resistor on each indicator globe?, in the past on bikes I have put resistor on each what do you guys think?.

AL73NT.
You'll need load resistors on each indicator globe, there is no 'flasher can', indicators are controlled by the BCM.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you,

AL73NT.
Swap them back to normal. It’s just better.