Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trav Man

Ya gotta love a V8 mate
Reaction score
Somewhere in this great southern land of OZ
Members Ride
Black VX Berlina LS1
unplug the drain holes in the boot as thats what I done to mine
When open the seam/bottom of the boot lip you are looking direct at there are 2 drain holes pluged from factory (one to the left and one to the right) as I poked the sealant out from them and hay presto no more wet back/boot/subby/etc etc................

Trav Man

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
unplug the drain holes in the boot as thats what I done to mine
When open the seam/bottom of the boot lip you are looking direct at there are 2 drain holes pluged from factory (one to the left and one to the right) as I poked the sealant out from them and hay presto no more wet back/boot/subby/etc etc................

Trav Man

Spot on noticed that they were blocked on the neighbours vt last week

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
why were on the subject of "design faults" has anyone else noticed its impossible to open the drivers window even a tiny bit when its raining without water dripping in? i cant have a smoke when it rains or water goes everywere

very frustrating

TheSly1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
that leak on boots is a major pain in the ass but you get used to it i suppose, i wish there was a decent easy fix for it but i guess its just a design thing

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
As for the overheating part, seen any leaks from the radiator? Common on the drivers side apparently. Also check theres enough coolant/water and maybe go see a place like Natrad.

The Commodore Boss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th anniversary 3.8L V6
i had the same problem, i noticed that the water come out of the light fitting, i was told that on the edge of the boot lid there are gaps and if you just put silicon in the gaps it will stop. For me it definatly stop alot of watergetting into the boot but sometimes it drips abit.