Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Legality of Lowering Car (and Camber) on Red Ps in NSW?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You could have the thing sitting on its guts and the only way you'd get 7 degrees camber is to bend the struts...

Me thinks he is watching too much youtube, reading to many magazines and listening to bloody idiots...

Oh and lowering the car....You can lower it to minimal legal height no matter what licence you hold and be within the law...But doing it being a p plater is only drawing attention to yourself, which ain't real smart

Oh and massive negative cambers are best used with cars on a track...Not driving on the road because with massive cambers, especially with track race cars, it allows cornering at high speed, which you don't do on normal roads

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Even at 100mm min legal you might find you scrape at times.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
P plates = probation which implies you should be on your best behaviour.

And as mentioned, police have the discretion to define lots of mods as “performance” based so you’d be in the wrong having them…

So unless you want lots of undivided attention from the police, hassles with removing mods and possibly periods of suspension, just get a bog standard boring fart box and save your money for a better car and/or mods when you’re off them and on your full license.

Doing things when you’re off your P’s and with a good driving record behind you will also mean you are not paying stupid mone6 for insurance and/or excess or both…

Now how did that proverb go…”Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom found in woman, never found in man“.

Hopefully you can provo the proverb wrong :p:p:p

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mines about 120mm and carpark speed humps are.....unpleasant
Yeah, not sure if I'm legal in every area underneath but I have to avoid certain carparks now as it will scrape something.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i think this is about the 10 or so deg so 7 wouldnt be far off prob wouldnt notice it at all driving around :rolleyes:

a82ec9e14534fa6215d31f0234c82c2f.png

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
i think this is about the 10 or so deg so 7 wouldnt be far off prob wouldnt notice it at all driving around :rolleyes:

a82ec9e14534fa6215d31f0234c82c2f.png
That is so cool, I love it, looks awesome............ :rolleyes: