Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's 1976 Yamaha RD 400

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
yeah it negotiable at worst on bikes, use a good anti seize grease and nylon washers and keep it clean....the nickel plated ones last a few months in harsh enviroments and the bloody chrome ones tend to peel if you lean on em to hard with a spanner.....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There's a place in Burton, S.A, that sells chrome nuts, bolts and washers.....Holla if you want the details of the place...(Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but not hard to find it out, as it's 10 minutes away from me)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Richardson's H-D should stock various dome nuts (no metric though, as I assume 76 is pre metric maybe).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
All metric on the RD. I will try Nuts & Bolts tomorrow, failing them I will try Suzuki's out at Invermay. If I luck out at both those there is always eBay now that I know thanks to Wozza.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
If I luck out at both those there is always eBay now that I know thanks to Wozza.
Huh? I linked to allen head bolt buttons.....no dome nuts :)
they change this
20.jpg
to this

201.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
ace bars.jpg
I thought the kits had nuts as well. I was wondering how those covers were going to work. I don't have Ace bars, or flat bars like yours Wozza, I have clip-ons. If I was to use the triple clamps as they were originally meant to be I would need Ace bars to get myself low enough over the front wheel like I need to be. When the bike was on the road I had these above.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Na mate misunderstanding :) the plugs are for any allen head bolts you have on the bike they come in many sizes...ties in the dome nuts and allen head bolts..the bar clamp is the only place Ive used em so far,still have to do the foot pegs mounts, muffler bolts ect...was thinking doing the case allen head bolts as well but that would look like over kill and cost a mint.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I no longer have bar clamps and would have bucklies of ever finding some if i needed them. My bike is race track only fancy bits are just extra weight that i don't need. I do like the look of them though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I used to own 4, 400s, 25 years ago. I sold everything i had except my race bike for 200 bucks. Would be nice to have all those spares now. So rare and the stupidist of parts sell for a mint on eBay.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
. My bike is race track only fancy bits are just extra weight that i don't need. I do like the look of them though.
You do know dome nuts weigh a bit more than standard nuts ;)