Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Started to undo the nuts and connector for the DFI so I could fit the new coils and DFI only to find that I need imperial sockets to fit the screws that hold the coils on. Had to put it all back together because my imperial 1/4" sockets are 1.5hrs away.... I thought surely with 12 1/4" metric sockets one would fit but nup., bum....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sounds like you need a good size, lockable tool box in the back of that ute.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It has one VS 5.0. Trouble is how much tools do you bring? Try to think of what you will need for the next week or two but still you get caught out. I went to hang the new door closer on the back door of our rental yesterday. I brought everything i could think of as i tried a week ago and needed more gear, so had to put it off Then yesterday lol i found out i needed the long posi drive bit for the rattler, not the short one, to screw the bracket to the door frame. So that will be another week before I fix that. Lol

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Geez, losh… how many problems can you make for yourself.
Ever thought of buying a backup car for when the ute is U/S,.... something like a Jag, Fiat, Alfa, RangeRover, Jeep, Morris Marina...…….

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ever thought of buying a backup car for when the ute is U/S,.... something like a Jag, Fiat, Alfa, RangeRover, Jeep, Morris Marina...…….

I've had a Jeep and loved it but I cooked the engine 5 years ago and decided to part it out. All I really need is workshop close by to where I spend most of my week. Days like today when I have 5-6 hrs spare where I could be doing stuff in the shed really frustrate me knowing that I can't just pop up the road and do something useful that also saves me money. When I'm at the shack I am usually in the shed from 10 in the morning until 10 at night and I love it.... lol

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Gemini, Torana, Kingswood, or maybe something like I VE that won't break down ;)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Started to undo the nuts and connector for the DFI so I could fit the new coils and DFI only to find that I need imperial sockets to fit the screws that hold the coils on. Had to put it all back together because my imperial 1/4" sockets are 1.5hrs away.... I thought surely with 12 1/4" metric sockets one would fit but nup., bum....
The size is 7/32 of an inch, thats for coils to dfi.
7 mm for wiring plug to dfi.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Gemini, Torana, Kingswood, or maybe something like I VE that won't break down ;)

Give it a few years and the VE owners will be facing much of the same plus a whole heap of other issues our VR's and VS' are facing now.... lol