Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lower profile tyres = harsher ride?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I can tell you, Tempe source direct from the factory the tyre is made....
Yes, but tyres with the same model-codes are made in different factories, and tyres from the same factory are even rated ... Australia's official imports are the 2nd rating (below what OEM car manufacturers get which are the highest rating), and most grey-imports (one example being Tempe Tyres) are either the leftovers or from a factory making a cheap version for cheap markets.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes, but tyres with the same model-codes are made in different factories, and tyres from the same factory are even rated ... Australia's official imports are the 2nd rating (below what OEM car manufacturers get which are the highest rating), and most grey-imports (one example being Tempe Tyres) are either the leftovers or from a factory making a cheap version for cheap markets.

I can tell you, Tempe Tyres import straight from the factory the tyres are made, that supply the factory branded supplier.... They aren't leftovers or cheaper versions. The model codes are the same and the quality is just as good as if you were buying from the factory branded supplier. Not a cheaper version from a different factory as you say...
I am aware how Tempe sell there tyres cheaper to the stores, when compared to the factory branded suppliers, but won't get into that side of things....

I am also aware of one supplier that has put the brakes on supplying Tempe with tyres from the factory, because the factory branded supplier was getting to many complaints from their customers about the factory branded suppliers pricing being more expensive than Tempe's pricing....

I can't comment on Jax or Costco as I don't know about the tyres they get from the factory