Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lower profile tyres = harsher ride?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
In case you do venture down the smaller rim size path, I'll just leave the link to this thread here for future reference.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
In case you do venture down the smaller rim size path, I'll just leave the link to this thread here for future reference.
Just picked up car with falken azenis fk510 and there so much softer and less road noise, literally feels like point and shoot!

Last edited:

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Just picked up car with falken avenis fk510 and there so much softer and less road noise, literally feels like point and shoot!

sounds good!! i am looking at them for my Vy Clubbie. What size did you buy? and what was the damage if you don't mind me asking??

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
sounds good!! i am looking at them for my Vy Clubbie. What size did you buy? and what was the damage if you don't mind me asking??
Staggered 245-275 on 20inch rims
$1100 x4 +a balanced and fitted. The guys at the shop were saying how good they are for there price and how they perform just as well as 400$ tyres. I feel so much safer with these on the car. The guys at the tyre and mag shop literally have these on there cars. Won tyre of the year 2018, look them up heaps of review's on them.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Around 32 Psi on all 4, currently on run flats. Might see if I can muster up some falken azenis Fk510 tyres, seem to be pretty well reviewed and won tyre of the year. They are in my price range too.

Running those pressures, the car would have drove like a pig.

Kinforests don't produce a run flat.

Nice to hear you are happy with your tyre choice....Please keep us updated on how they are fairing, for future reference

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The 453’s the 510’s replaced also had good reviews as ‘great value for money’ but after a few weeks of sedate driving on them they no longer held up in the wet, in fact they were awful, awful, awful and I had to spend my time feathering the accelerator to stop from breaking traction so I hope the 510’s are real world better and not better because Falken have given the tyre reviewers a good day out.

I’ve been riding on 245/30/20 and 285/25/20 tyres for 10 years and I've only cracked one rim when I hit a wash away in a storm.

I’ve been running 245/35/20, 255/35/20, 285/30/20 and 295/30/20 for 14 years and never cracked a rim.

I’ve cracked three 18 inch rims in 2 years on my VS and VZ.

As mentioned by Skylarking rim quality has a lot to do with rim life in tough conditions, you get what you pay for.

I run 38 to 40psi for 20 inch rims depending on the car.

40psi to protect expensive rims and 38psi for a better ride.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Staggered 245-275 on 20inch rims
$1100 x4 +a balanced and fitted. The guys at the shop were saying how good they are for there price and how they perform just as well as 400$ tyres. I feel so much safer with these on the car. The guys at the tyre and mag shop literally have these on there cars. Won tyre of the year 2018, look them up heaps of review's on them.

Where did you get these fitted?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Canterbury tyre and auto mag in Bayswater. My local tyre shops couldn't even do it the same price they could.
That was a great price you paid!
I've just clocked up 20k kms on the same tyres.
Much better than the factory Bridgestones, very quiet and great grip wet or dry.
I think they might be a bit soft though. Fronts are wearing well, but the tread is disappearing on the rears.
Probably a great tyre on a lighter vehicle with less torque.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Probably a great tyre on a lighter vehicle with less torque.
Can’t do much about the vehicle weight though a driver that has a lighter right foot may better influence rear tyre wear :rolleyes: but where’s the V8 fun in that :p