Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

phantom0817

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
So hypothetically having a Redline sedan as a family car. How would coil overs go with a wife and a baby? I’d be all for coilovers for me but I have to also consider a wife that may complain and a baby that will bounce around lol

In my experience coilovers improve ride immensely. Since I changed to coilovers I havent mentioned it to anyone but had no complaints and even some people have said the car rides well and the suspension has really “settled in”/rides like my [insert German car]. The coilovers are German lol. In my view passengers “get” firm suspension- their senses are at least aligned as they feel, see and discern movement to be in all in agreement. It’s that floaty stuff like the FE2 that was stick where there is a gap in time and motion between what people perceive that leads to feeling queasy.

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
Quick question how do I undo the rear sway bar from control arm on series2 redline to remove rear strut?
I saw earlier models had a link arm like in the front but rear sway bar mounts different.

Help LOL cars in the air as we speak and I don’t want to remove sway bar mount if it’s to difficult to reinstall
No worries I figured it out, but it wasn’t so hard to work out either.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
In my experience coilovers improve ride immensely. Since I changed to coilovers I havent mentioned it to anyone but had no complaints and even some people have said the car rides well and the suspension has really “settled in”/rides like my [insert German car]. The coilovers are German lol. In my view passengers “get” firm suspension- their senses are at least aligned as they feel, see and discern movement to be in all in agreement. It’s that floaty stuff like the FE2 that was stick where there is a gap in time and motion between what people perceive that leads to feeling queasy.

Bilsteins?

SHAYNE Kiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SSV Redline
I’ve just ordered some GT sport Monroe shocks front and rear for my FE3 suspension replacement.
I’ll be dropping it on SSL kings front and rear. Can anyone please confirm the GT shock for the rear part number ? I’m told it’s 35-0652

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
Wheel alignment specs vf2 redline:
Does anyone know what sort of camber I can expect to get after lowering redline
I got an wheel alignment but to me the rear wheels have to much neg camber
Height of rear sits about 365 hub to lip of guard
Anyways if someone has better knowledge than myself can you have a look over the pic of report that was done the other day and give me some insight please.

Attachments

• D8585352-9401-4975-97BD-6FD939326279.jpeg
    D8585352-9401-4975-97BD-6FD939326279.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 268

SHAYNE Kiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SSV Redline
I’ll post a picture of my sheet now it’s all complete. Monroe GT sport front and rear with SSL kings all round.
2014 VF SSV redline with prior FE3

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
I’ll post a picture of my sheet now it’s all complete. Monroe GT sport front and rear with SSL kings all round.
That will be helpful in seeing what figures you ended up getting

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Wouldn’t mind seeing a pic of the finished product.

SHAYNE Kiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SSV Redline
I’ll grab a pic of the car when I get some time. Please see attached alignment report

Attachments

• 0A061CA1-850C-430C-9E56-2F165FC293F0.jpeg
    0A061CA1-850C-430C-9E56-2F165FC293F0.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 291

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS

Do you mind me asking roughly what it cost. Ive already got lowered (Walkinshaw) springs. But looking to put some short shock in also.