Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Well the Calais V has the 8th under the spare. It's the sub woofer. Doesn't the rs have anything there?

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
The RSV and Calais front seats are marketed as leather accentuated? Which parts are leather and what's the rest? I assume the vxr seats are actually mostly genuine leather?

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Well the Calais V has the 8th under the spare. It's the sub woofer. Doesn't the rs have anything there?
According to the features list at the bottom of the brochure, the RS-V is supposed to get "8 speaker stereo with subwoofer". The 8th speaker is the sub, supposedly. The there is definitely a Bose branded unit mounted above the spare.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190918-063028.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-063028.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 170

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
According to the features list at the bottom of the brochure, the RS-V is supposed to get "8 speaker stereo with subwoofer". The 8th speaker is the sub, supposedly. The there is definitely a Bose branded unit mounted above the spare.
Steve. If you look at the latest brochure online Holden have changed it so it just says 8 speaker audio . It seems the RSV was initially going to have the sub perhaps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190918-065806_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-065806_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 128

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Steve. If you look at the latest brochure online Holden have changed it so it just says 8 speaker audio . It seems the RSV was initially going to have the sub perhaps.
Thanks Benny, can't argue with that. I'd forgotten what a pleasure it is, dealing with Holden and their shenanigans.

Fredbasset

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais 2.0 DT
I own a ZB Calais 2.0DT currently at 20k mileage. The DPF sensor went faulty (engine lights came on) at 16k mileage. Had to replace the left rear tire after smashing the side wall on kerb while maneuvering narrow public carpark. Very annoyed with the engine start-stop going to idle whenever I stop my car at my garage and then immediately come back on when I shift the gearstick from D to P.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
So they are still claiming an 8 speaker stereo? Maybe if you bring a battery operated wireless then that makes up the 8th?

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
I own a ZB Calais 2.0DT currently at 20k mileage. The DPF sensor went faulty (engine lights came on) at 16k mileage. Had to replace the left rear tire after smashing the side wall on kerb while maneuvering narrow public carpark. Very annoyed with the engine start-stop going to idle whenever I stop my car at my garage and then immediately come back on when I shift the gearstick from D to P.
Hi Fred, at least your auto stop works .. lol

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
So they are still claiming an 8 speaker stereo? Maybe if you bring a battery operated wireless then that makes up the 8th?
I'll be looking inside mine this evening to see what the wires are connected to. I removed it last night and its extremely light.