Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
One of the things I have noticed is that the voice of the occupants in the front is played out of the rear speakers to the passengers in the back.
I must try that. Thanks for the update about the equaliser settings .

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyone found a suitable cargo mat to put in the back? Holden don't sell them and can't find any retaikret selling custom fit just generic.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Anyone found a suitable cargo mat to put in the back? Holden don't sell them and can't find any retaikret selling custom fit just generic.
There is a cargo liner listed on the accessories page for the wagon. Though I suppose being Holden, just because it's listed it doesn't necessarily mean its available.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh ok so the 4 cylinder does not have the battery in the boot? It means my boot dies not have a wide a space?

I would think Holden might advertise a cargo liner but not thought if it fits .I mean the Holden dealers I bought from orders in mud flaps then went to fit them and told me oh we can't get mudflaps for a Calais V tourer. Lucky I did not have to pay for them. I have found my dealer is not interested in the ZB. Just selling it cause it's there and really has no idea .That's why I ask here.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
Up
I have just purchased a RS-V wagon like Matt's. Ex GMH exec driven with 8,000 k's and balance of 5 years warranty. Seems to be a great car EXCEPT a few issues I'm not impressed about:
  • Front control arm bushes need replacing - creaking groaning like a 70's land cruiser under brakes and on uneven ground. Still waiting for parts 4 weeks on.
  • Sub woofer on the spare tyre is not a sub woofer. Apparently, it is to do with some sort of noise cancellation?? Expensive frisbee... ? Anyway, Holden advertise all RS V6 and upwards models as having 8 speaker premium sound. Mine only has 7 speakers - unless anyone can tell me where the 8th is hiding? Plus my LH rear door speaker doesn't work so I actually only have 6 speakers...
  • Wireless phone charger does not work on iPhone 10...? Maybe an Apple thing but still! WTF.
  • Auto stop has never cut in. Car idles permanently at lights or when stopped. Some people may prefer this but if its a feature it should work.
  • Terrible vibration rattle in rear left luggage compartment above battery compartment. Jammed 2 business cards against the window to stop me going insane.
  • Intermittent dashboard rattles from the middle near center speaker. Only on really rough roads.
I am keen to hear if Matt or anyone else has experienced these issues? I genuinely think they are a good car.... however, I am pretty darn happy I have 50 months warranty left because I reckon my dealer is going to get sick of me..
Update on my warranty issues:
  • Still waiting for front control arms to fix noisy bushes.
  • Left rear door speaker now working - cable was not connected....
  • Auto stop now working - needed a new battery. Battery must of had a fault and was telling the computer it wasn't charged so auto stop would never cut in. BTW - removing the battery took mechanic over an hour had to pull half the rear of the wagon apart...!
  • Vibration rattle in rear left luggage compartment above battery compartment now toned down - mechanic placed strip of foam tape against the window and the plastic panel.
I am really starting to enjoy driving this car! Spoke to a Cop here in SA as they have the RS V6 liftbacks for patrol cars and he could not speak highly enough about them. They all fight to get in them over the VF's that are left.

Has anyone got new tyres yet? I dont reckon the Continentals on mine will even get 20,000. Looking for recommendations?

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Up

Has anyone got new tyres yet? I dont reckon the Continentals on mine will even get 20,000. Looking for recommendations?

I recently put a set of Pirelli Dragons on the Golf (which gets driven pretty hard) and they're brilliant for the price.

I went to Tyresales.com.au for a price and then rang Kmart Tyre & Service (now MyCar) who matched the price; they also give you free rotation & balances every six months at no charge for the life of the tyres and puncture repairs are free - pretty hard to beat as a package :)

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Up

Update on my warranty issues:
  • Still waiting for front control arms to fix noisy bushes.
  • Left rear door speaker now working - cable was not connected....
  • Auto stop now working - needed a new battery. Battery must of had a fault and was telling the computer it wasn't charged so auto stop would never cut in. BTW - removing the battery took mechanic over an hour had to pull half the rear of the wagon apart...!
  • Vibration rattle in rear left luggage compartment above battery compartment now toned down - mechanic placed strip of foam tape against the window and the plastic panel.
I am really starting to enjoy driving this car! Spoke to a Cop here in SA as they have the RS V6 liftbacks for patrol cars and he could not speak highly enough about them. They all fight to get in them over the VF's that are left.

Are they wearing evenly?

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
I recently put a set of Pirelli Dragons on the Golf (which gets driven pretty hard) and they're brilliant for the price.

I went to Tyresales.com.au for a price and then rang Kmart Tyre & Service (now MyCar) who matched the price; they also give you free rotation & balances every six months at no charge for the life of the tyres and puncture repairs are free - pretty hard to beat as a package :)
Ok thanks. Have always liked Pirelli. Will be interesting to see what mileage you get.