Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
wanting "the car to look like nothing you've ever seen" would seem to rely mainly on changing the appearance. You're going to have to be very careful to make it tasteful as well.

Do you need a 4 door ?

Twin turbo Supra ?

I once saw an FJ Holden that a guy tried turning into a Corvette. Just because no-one else has one like it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yeah taste is certainly subjective, aftermarket bodykits are generally pretty terrible and poorly made so they look like junk and fitment is off.

DMAN is someone a lot of us like to give a lot of stick but he's persistent and turned a POS silver VT Exec into something (at least in photos) that looks halfway decent.

Just remember to research the mod and see if there are any downsides before going headlong into it. As I mentioned, seats you have to be careful due to airbags and someone else said dash is HUGE job.

Make a ride thread and people can give you advice, etc. Here's DMAN's to give you an idea.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...dmans-morpheus-purple-series-ii-vt-sedan.html

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
turned a POS silver VT Exec into something (at least in photos) that looks like a POS purple VT Exec.

Fixed it up a bit for you.

You need to lay down a plan. A solid plan of attack. Dont "oh I cant afford to do it this way so ill cheap out and get this".

Problem with a lot of modified cars is they turn into bitsas and they dont flow or people dont know when to stop.

I wish some people would learn that sometimes less is more. RED VE SS or whatever the plates are is a prime example of not learning when less is more as is the Cadbury Prince Mobile.

Everyone has different tastes. Agreed but its a Commodore, not a Supra from Fast and Furious and your name is not Xzibit.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Cannons and unecessary wings are shunned even by the JDM crowd these days. Most of the large looking rear sections on HKS and the like mufflers are not cannons at all.

Here's an idea, stop being a poser and do something original (because your idea really isn't). 5 point harness "for looks"? Twin turbo "not for power"? That's a lot of money just for wank factor.

You say you don't want a HSV kit as that essentially turns it into a V6 knockoff, but you are subscribing to some (and I use the term loosely) "Jap based" appearance stereotype?

Last edited:

TimTams

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ
I too support the "it's your car" thinking. Go for it! Surprise us with something sexy that we've never seen before.

If I was to recommend audio gear, I'd recommend a couple of these subwoofers and this amp... but only if you're serious about it ;)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
pfft.. wouldn't call the top one Jappa.. just an undersized rear wing and over sized cannons..

this on the other hand.. looks a bit more JDM..

$(KGrHqYOKp0E-QIJpPgqBRclyZ79ig~~60_35.JPG

front cut on a R34 or GTFO!!

Probably going to be shot here... but that car intrigues me and I think I might like it if I could see more.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Holden Commodore SSV by RecDesign on deviantART

haha yeah I quite like it too.. I use to have a different one as a desktop pic for ages - similar to that, ill try and find it...

on another note, back in the day trying to fit commy to JDM haha never made it on there unfortunately..

Photo_103106_001.jpg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Probably going to be shot here... but that car intrigues me and I think I might like it if I could see more.

/me shoots Tas

It's a photochop, only thing about it is wheels and some stupid looking bodykit and lowered. (oh and to those who didn't notice it's also a 2 door mockup).

Go here for an idea of what others have done

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?26967-Holden-Commodore-Picture-Thread

Holden Commodore SSV by RecDesign on deviantART

Holden_Commodore_SSV_by_RecDesign.jpg

Some of the toughest looks come from racing cars, but they look really stupid on the road and pretty try hard

gto-sold.jpg

Go subtle, muscular - remember these cars have muscle to spare (well the V8's do) You've gotta have grunt to go with the looks.

7.jpg

Clubby inspired

1272454516_3.jpg

Seen this one posted before - big $$$ and not really to my tastes.

11473150753_a5e8b34359_o.jpg

Last edited:

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
er it is...

holden_commodore_ss_by_ali_n22-d2z783w.jpg

notice the green theme.. Ari, S15 dude..