Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moreys oil stabalizer.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My advice (in the first instance) would be to take it to your local stealership as the car is still under warranty (I assume) so get them to diagnose if possible. Definitely raise the issue so should it become a major issue later it is covered by the warranty.

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
No longer under warranty, will get some moreys today and give it a try . Nothing ventured nothing gained .

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ like police cars and taxi’s... the king of idle.
(these do have high kms though)

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
^ like police cars and taxi’s... the king of idle.
(these do have high kms though)

I have noticed some people park the car and idle them for hours waiting for someone or something, running the air con, doing paperwork, talking on the phone etc basically waiting and waiting and waiting for no apparent reason. It can't be good for the engine.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I have noticed some people park the car and idle them for hours waiting for someone or something, running the air con, doing paperwork, talking on the phone etc basically waiting and waiting and waiting for no apparent reason. It can't be good for the engine.

I seen a local council vehicle do this, the driver was sitting in the passenger seat in a car park. I wonder if the cars are fitted with tracking systems that monitor when the engine is running to see if they are working? Either way it looked dodgy as ****.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The only council vehicles that have gps tracking are the trucks ie: blue collar werkers (where I werk)
Anyone that gets a "company car" can go and do whatever they want whenever they want without big brother watching.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
No longer under warranty, will get some moreys today and give it a try . Nothing ventured nothing gained .
You won’t gain anything from oil additives like this, unless you’re trying to stretch the time &/or mileage between oil-changes from the standard recommendation/requirements.