Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving on from my ve ss to VF SS V is it worth it???

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
What is the plan for GM after they end production here? Will they sell another V8 sedan? If not, surely the VF2 will hold its value better, especially HSVs?

I would think if they release a decent low build number special edition with lots of extras just before the end of production it may become collectable. Everyday models wont be worth anything for quite a while. Probably disagree with some but I don't think HSVs will be worth much.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Ok everyone, I could not wait for the weekend so I test drive a VF ssV redline last night.. All I can say it did not give me the WOW factor like what my ve ss did when I purchased it.

Yes it has a nice interior and all the tech u want etc, but overall the driving experience my ve felt way more solid and more sporty.
I didnt the clutch and the gear stick it was so soft for my liking and did not feel like I was driving a V8 considering it had walkingshaw upgardes otr & exhaust. Im not saying I don't like the VF range all im saying I wont be in a rush to sell mine and get the VF :( .. Maybe later down track il look into but for now my VE still kicks ass lol..and for the info I found out my VE motor is the identical to the vf ss, only thing change really is the appearance and comfort (correct me if i'm wrong)

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Test drive the VF Series 2 redline.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The above isn't quite true, if you take a bite of the chalk I think it'll come-out as the 2nd-best option c/f the cheese.
And yet writing on a blackboard with cheese never works all that well, OK it's sorta OK with some Roquefort but honestly with the aircon off over the weekend it wasn't great in that presentation-room next Monday morning ...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
What is the plan for GM after they end production here? Will they sell another V8 sedan? If not, surely the VF2 will hold its value better, especially HSVs?

GM could do a Ford and import a decent hero car on us at which point the old Clubbies etc become almost worthless.

They have to respond to the Mustang mike drop from Ford, that thing is sold out for like 2 years or something.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Ok everyone, I could not wait for the weekend so I test drive a VF ssV redline last night.. All I can say it did not give me the WOW factor like what my ve ss did when I purchased it.

Yes it has a nice interior and all the tech u want etc, but overall the driving experience my ve felt way more solid and more sporty.
I didnt the clutch and the gear stick it was so soft for my liking and did not feel like I was driving a V8 considering it had walkingshaw upgardes otr & exhaust. Im not saying I don't like the VF range all im saying I wont be in a rush to sell mine and get the VF :( .. Maybe later down track il look into but for now my VE still kicks ass lol..and for the info I found out my VE motor is the identical to the vf ss, only thing change really is the appearance and comfort (correct me if i'm wrong)

Are you sure you drove a VF. Because when I drove them back to back the VE felt dated. The VF has better suspension and steering and that's just the start

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
They have to respond to the Mustang mike drop from Ford, that thing is sold out for like 2 years or something.

And they have put the price up as well.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Are you sure you drove a VF. Because when I drove them back to back the VE felt dated. The VF has better suspension and steering and that's just the start

yesss im sure, I drove the car for near 1 hour, but cant justifie paying near 40k. I drove the VF ss Redline in manual. Yes the handling is good very good and interior good but can feel cheap in someway's. Maybe later down the track wen they drop around 25k-30k I may buy one. I don't want to make the same mistake my friend done (most people) and purchased a new car just because its a new model than regretted it later and wanted to sell it lol.. iv always had holden's and love them but always bought them second hand never new I could not spend that much cash knowing it will drop dramatically in a couple of years..

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
That's just the price you pay for a new car. Depreciation. Generally people don't buy new because they really can't afford it. But hey we all ain't millionaires