Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1967 Chevrolet Impala (Supernatural exact)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
that donk running 9 psi comes with 900 hp and about 910 tq and the engine can take up to 35 psi,

niiiice. did the 67's have a disc brake front on them? you planning a trans to go behind this bad boy? P.S. our diff's are tough as nails. if you are curious, stick your head under on the drivers side of the diff towards the top, there should be a G3. this means you have the 3.36 8.75" chevy 12 bolt. im pretty sure holden fitted them to all aussie impalas, but your ratio may be different, so maybe a different number/letter. annnnnyways, these diffs with a few mods can be as strong as a 9" only a lot lighter. spend around 1.5k on it and itll handle that 900hp daily, as long as you dont go sideways while LSD'ing it.

what are your plans for the hood? cowl or just poke that snorkle out of it?

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
niiiice. did the 67's have a disc brake front on them? you planning a trans to go behind this bad boy? P.S. our diff's are tough as nails. if you are curious, stick your head under on the drivers side of the diff towards the top, there should be a G3. this means you have the 3.36 8.75" chevy 12 bolt. im pretty sure holden fitted them to all aussie impalas, but your ratio may be different, so maybe a different number/letter. annnnnyways, these diffs with a few mods can be as strong as a 9" only a lot lighter. spend around 1.5k on it and itll handle that 900hp daily, as long as you dont go sideways while LSD'ing it.

what are your plans for the hood? cowl or just poke that snorkle out of it?

unfortunately no :( so gonna be doing a full front and rear brake conversion to disks, trans, well i've already got the powerglide, so i'm gonna take that out and get it rebuilt and strengthened to handle it, and thanks for that bit of info mate, might try get meself under her for a look this week, and as for it i'll have a look at getting the diff fully strengthened etc. and see how long it'll last

hood i will be getting a new one so i don't go chopping at the original or anything, thinking i'll just poke her out, but with the laws here it can't be more than like an inch or something outta the hood, i really like the idea of a detachable type cowl for it, so for all the shows etc. can get the bad boy pokin it's head out, and just for general street smack the cowl on and now get extra police attention

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
if you are going disc rear you gotta be reeeeal careful you get the right kit. i wasnt careful and got the wrong one. so learn from my mistake. our diffs are 12 bolt!!! american 60's impalas had 10 bolts, so generic impala rear disc kits WILL NOT FIT!!!! lol. i had to chop up the rear mounts and weld them permantly to my diff.

best advice is talk to a brake center that does these upgrades they will know all the tricky bits. here we have hoppers stoppers who will rip off your arm and feed it to you while taking your leg, but they know their ****. i dunno if you have any your way but make sure you do a **** tonne of research.

also i got a BA ford kit off ebay which looked good... its not. its ****. the pads are rock hard race pads that dont grip when cold and squeel when hot and the brackets mean you need to get a new wheel alignment and you lose some of your bump steer if you wanna fit them properley, if you dont want to fit them properley then the nipples are on the bottom of the caliper and getting a decent bleed is next to impossible.

hope that helps, all i am saying is stay away from yank sites and ebay. talk to someone here that will do it properley. i swear my drums were better than these shitty discs.

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
thanks for the heads up mate, i've been looking at quite a few, im kinda reconsidering the rear kit, i mean in no means do i want to race her, the biggest work out she'll get is a few runs down at the drags for fun just to see what the new donk can push, and probably some burnout comps, but dont need or even want rear brakes with burnouts ;)

you wouldn't have worked with one of the summit disc brake kits they do? they look the goods but i find it hard to belive without seeing it before or going over the finer details with someone

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
nah i got mine from ebay US. but they are all chinease knock offs of each other. the only compnay i have been reconsidering is SSBC which really look like they cover all bases, but i couldnt say for sure.

and to be frank. drum brakes ALWAYS work better than disc in 1 or 2 stops. its just when you have to ride them they get hot and fail. so if youre just planning a run or two down a 1/4 then id say stick with the fronts only, but its when you decide to go for a drive through the mountains that discs come into play. my discs are not all that bad in those conditions.

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
yeah its all much of a muchness really i suppose, yeah definitely don't plan on taking her for any races just skids and cruise haha

and fark this back ordering business is killing me, just want to get her back up and running but parts are still on backorder

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
finally got the p/s pump from backorder, just getting a new belt for it and new hoses, also changed it to a short/low sit
and with how good all these new bits are looking, im thinking a new waterpump, alternator and crank pulley to match the rest of the new black parts

img0477q.jpg

and also just a few goodies to keep her happy
img0478nh.jpg

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I had no idea you were on your P's
Any chance about a month or two ago, you were heading east out of perth? Brookton highway-way?
I remember seeing an Impala, then the P plates, then all of the envy
I was in a silver VS by the way

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I had no idea you were on your P's
Any chance about a month or two ago, you were heading east out of perth? Brookton highway-way?
I remember seeing an Impala, then the P plates, then all of the envy
I was in a silver VS by the way

Hahaha mate used to get it all the time, all the oh driving daddy's car today are ya an all them sorta comments, really made my blood boil but just laugh it off cause end of the day I know she's my baby

And that probably woulda been me mate, I use to cruise her all the time before I lost my license, absolute pleasure to drive

So you're a Perth boy then? Would say should catchup for a cruise but no license for a fair while, still always like to catchup with Perth fellas off here with the same interests jus to shoot the **** over a few beers or whatever, you north or south?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah I am in Cockburn (excuse the name), it's about 20min down south of river. Was visiting a mate in Yealering, it was fairly far when I saw the Impala. I see what you mean with people making those daddy car comments, oh well you do own her haha
I'll be going on the Peter Brock cruise but not many plans other than that, how'd you lose the license?