Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Manta exhaust doesnt fit... question.

Chargin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Seems to me some of you guys need to have mechanics work on yours cars. Gee if you can't work out something this simple , don't even try anything difficult

People that make comments like yours are usually those with the least knowledge...

Ive done a lot on cars, but this is the first modern car Ive ever bothered to spanner on. Ive rebuilt V8 engines, restored my 70 Triumph Bonnie, done everything you can think of my on my 72 360 Charger, rebuilt various parts on my 53 Fergy tractor and loads more. Ive never seen this type of gasket because I dont work on the new stuff. Headers on a mopar never had anything like this mate.

So perhaps keep your uninformed comments to yourself huh...

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
People that make comments like yours are usually those with the least knowledge...

Ive done a lot on cars, but this is the first modern car Ive ever bothered to spanner on. Ive rebuilt V8 engines, restored my 70 Triumph Bonnie, done everything you can think of my on my 72 360 Charger, rebuilt various parts on my 53 Fergy tractor and loads more. Ive never seen this type of gasket because I dont work on the new stuff. Headers on a mopar never had anything like this mate.

So perhaps keep your uninformed comments to yourself huh...

So you have done all the above stuff but don't have the mechanical aptitude to work this minor issue out.
At the end of the day an exhaust flange gasket is an exhaust flange gasket, whether it be a flat flange gasket or circular exhaust manifold one, modern or old.
Maybe you should just leave your "Modern Car" to be spannered on by a modern mechanic then.

In my opinion arronm is just posting what a lot of people probably think, only he had the balls to put it in writing.
And to quote something I think I read on this forum:
Welcome to the internet where people have opinions you may not like.

Last edited:

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Seems to me some of you guys need to have mechanics work on yours cars. Gee if you can't work out something this simple , don't even try anything difficult

Couldn't agree with you more

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Havent had a chance to post till now but yes, everything went well after I found out I could remove the metal ring "gasket". I found an air chisel easily and quickly removed it.

Hopefully this thread helps someone else one day...

Also I found the Manta kit very easy to install, it all bolted up so well I was quite impressed. There was no instructions with it, which might have helped and the call I made to Manta was very frustrating, all they said was "we need to know exactly what you have first" they wanted an invoice number etc. I was just asking a simple question about the flange system, I had no invoice with my delivery either..

The note is great, wife doesnt mind it and it feels like a V8 should now, at full throttle though it does sound a bit ragged.

Its been a while but yes this has helped me and saved me a lot of hassle!