Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS series 2 5.0 manual Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The pins on HQ are same right through to VR. The VS used a slightly smaller diam screw thread and hex. I believe Rare Spares can source the VS pins.

MIK85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Caprice 5.0
How much for the hardlid?

you want it?? No idea what they’re worth? It’s in ok condition, pretty sure it’s the factory supplied one? Can’t be sure of that though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not all soft covers are equal. Tuff Tonnnea is probably a better one as it has a fabric strip all away around to protect the paint from the bunji rivets..
Ute gear one is OK but needs pads made for the rivet strip's.

H

harrop.senator

you want it?? No idea what they’re worth? It’s in ok condition, pretty sure it’s the factory supplied one? Can’t be sure of that though.

Yeah man I'd love it for my vs hey. I've never bought a vs one that was fibreglass. Bought a custom sheet metal one for a mate for $250.

Which is about what I've got for canopies before .

But the vy-vz ones are super pricey I got 500 for my twin hump.

So I don't really know what it's worth?

MIK85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Caprice 5.0
I guess if I could get enough for it to fund a soft cover and the bits to go with that, I’d be happy? $200?

H

harrop.senator

I'll definitely take it mate . Both my utes are hard parked if you're not to far from Beechboro/Morley are you able to bring the ute round and I'll give you a hand removing it and $250?

Just saves me hiring a trailer.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I reckon these aftermarket flat ones look cool https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141882055527?hash=item2108d45b67:g:bywAAMXQfvlSguu~

They also do stock normal ones & stocksmaller hardware stuff you said you couldn't find.

Stay away from $99 items...they're tad thin compared to originals BUT thing that annoys me the most is elastic bunji loops way too farken long so there is no tension on tonneau at all it ends up flapping in breeze whilst driving.

In the past I only ever bought tonneau covers from Holden for perfect fitment even if it cost double but them days are goneeeeeeeeeeeee

MIK85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Caprice 5.0
Looks like rare spares sell some, for $230, might have a look into them a bit more

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I found with my VR you need two cross bars. One in the centre, even with original soft cover they still pool at the rear unless you park on a decent slope.
I fitted two bars and it sat near perfect, even at 100kph the sag was minimal.

Not sure when Holden fixed the issue but have seen later models with two bars from factory.