Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

- My VZ Clubby 6L M6 -

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
I had a look at the "McLeod RST / RXT twin plate" looks pretty good so far. Seems I'd want the McLeod RST over the RXT since the RST is up to 800 and the RXT is 800-1000 which I'll never have. i'm looking to have around the 400ish hp at the rear wheels. Looks like they're pretty reasonably priced too.
Vid I watched on it: How to Install a McLeod RST or RXT Twin Disc. - YouTube

Got my shifter Monday :D Keen to put it in but have a feeling I wont be for a few weeks. I'm going to change the gear box oil at the same time and I'm considering doing the exhaust while I'm on the hoist at work. Throw some money at it :D.
DSC00062.jpg
DSC00061.jpg

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Be careful removing the big cream coloured boot off the top of the old one - it lets a lot of heat and noise in of you do.
You can't actually buy a replacement presently, there's about 280 on back order all over the country - take a guess at how I know that...

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Be careful removing the big cream coloured boot off the top of the old one - it lets a lot of heat and noise in of you do.
You can't actually buy a replacement presently, there's about 280 on back order all over the country - take a guess at how I know that...

haha okay I'll definitely watch out for that! Cheers!

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Just chasing some info..
So my gearbox now is just the standard T56 and I'm going to put the Billet Shifter and the McLeod RST Twin plate clutch in. My car has roughly 135000kms and has always had the standard shifter so I'm expecting at some point to most likely need to replace the gearbox since they're synchro's fail in most of them at around 160000ish mark (most common number I've seen for em to go.) Just trying to work out if when that day comes will I be able to get a reco t56 (1200 bucks exchange) or should I buy the T56 Magnum?.. Obviously the Magnum will be better but its $4000 apposed to $1200.. haha I could replace my gearbox twice and still have money left over. And would the standard t56 (they claim they helped make the synchros stronger but 1200 bucks i dunno how good they did it) handle the 400 hp + whatever torque it ends up producing for another over 100,000 kms or even more?
If anyone has high powered cars with the standard T56 and higher kms I'd love to hear or anyone that's had there's fail shortly after the power increase etc.

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Mate of mine has 400hp in an ls1 with over 200k's - not a problem in sight.

Definitely NOT babied either....

Sweet as! Well one person has good news haha. I've been talkin to harris in messages and his doesn't hold up super well haha. But he'd have more then 400HP. I think the shifters make a difference to how far you can overthrow so the synchros hold up longer but mines only just going in. 135000 of hard life and most likely a lot of overthrows with solid pushes into gear :(. I'll most likely just get a normal t56 if it ever fails i guess. unless i win lotto..

Cheers for the reply.

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Give it an oil change and that'll help it survive. I run penrite oil in mine and its so much better now.
I'd do the diff whilst you're at it.

yeah I run penrite for the diff with an additive and i'm going to get some umm "redline" oil i think its called for the gearbox. apparently its good **** with a high price tag which is cool with me if it works well. Good for stopping noise in the gearbox too. Just as long as it has the correct properties to protect the glue holding the carbon syncro rings and doesn't have additives that dissolve the glue inside. A few mates loved it. I'll find out if that was before or after they're gearboxes **** em selves haha..