Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

- My VZ Clubby 6L M6 -

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Got some LED Bulbs for the interior lights to make it look a little more clean and sharp. I really like it :D.
Put the white LED Lights in the number plate lights and I think it has enhanced the look for the number plate at night.
I got front parkers also and the "Diamond Vision Phillips" Head light bulbs in to give it all that whiter beam.
I didn't want HID's because well they're illegal and didn't want to draw attention from a far away distance. Plus they're bright as coming towards you and I don't wanna be high beam flashed all the time because people think its my high beam ;).

LED's are of course polarized so I put it in the center lights and they didn't light up and you can't just put the bulb the other way because of how the bulbs are :(. so basically I had to take the Center piece out and swap the Positive and Negative around. One minor problem.. The green wire (shortest wire) didn't reach both sides when screwed into 1.. so i cut and re-soldered a longer piece of wire on so it would all reach. Works great now :D.

Here's some pics of it all.
Interior Lights:
InteriorCenter.jpg

InteriorCenter2.jpg

InteriorCenter3.jpg

interiorlast.jpg

RearInteriorlight.jpg

InteriorCompare-1.jpg

Number plate lights:
Numberplatelight3.jpg

Numberplatelights2.jpg

Numberplatelights.jpg

Parkers:
Parklights2.jpg

Parklights3.jpg

Parklights.jpg

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Ah yeah I thought about HID's in the foggies, head lights and high beam because of it being a newerish car and projectors cops might think it was factory. But I hate people coming at me with HID's and I don't really wanna be that ass shining his lights in everyones eyes :p.
But the brightness so I can avoid every single shitty pot hole in Central Queenslands roads would be great.. Ours roads are the worst here :(

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
I baught ba9's for the centre light in mine ages ago and they never worked, never thought it may be the positive/negative in the globe. Ill have to look at mine.

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
I baught ba9's for the centre light in mine ages ago and they never worked, never thought it may be the positive/negative in the globe. Ill have to look at mine.

Yeah just switch the wires around and should be all good :D. If it was a wedge type bulb you can just turn em around but the ba9's ya can't which sucks haha.

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
So... Haven't been on here for quiet some time. Been flat out haha. Guess I'll do an update on the clubby :D

Took the clubby to the drags again after driving it for about a week of being on my opens. Ended up dropping the time to a 13.9 while it was still standard with lowered suspension so I'm pretty happy with those before cam results.
As I expected with the lowered stiff suspension and average street tyres it kept spinning the tyres on launches but still got going not too bad I guess.
Had a few clutch issues but no biggy just didn't wanna disengage and let me in gears after the tyre warm ups.. copped a bit of abuse in the skids.

-7/2/2014-
I purchased some new foggies. My old ones were cracked and looked terrible. I ended up chucking the same bulbs as my head lights in to make them the same colour the for the extra brightness.

-25/4/2014-
Got a new NPC clutch clutch to suit 500 + Hp and replaced the plate that always leaks on the back of Ls motors.

-9/5/2014-
Then I got some Tein adjustable Coilovers. I put the rears in first and realised it lifted the car by at least an inch on max low and I HATED the look of it that high compared. So I took the springs back out and put my old springs back in with the adjustable rear shocks still in. I planned on going to a local spring manufacture to get the springs custom made to have the Tein adjuster sitting under it but still be able to be as low as I want just able to lift it when needed. I still haven't done this yet :/

Got a DuSpeed CAI OTR which I ended up letting Hi-Torque Performance fit since I couldn't drive it without the tune and headed off to the Gold Coast to get my Cam Package :D. I got a 232 234 Cam which gave me a sweet 303.3 KW (406.7 HP) on 98 fuel. My goal was to break the 400 hp mark and it did. I did it for the sound of the Cam but the power increase was a MASSIVE MASSIVE bonus hahaha ;).

Ended up grabbing some stickers. Realised I haven't really taken any pictures of it with the new stickers but i've got some randoms that show em a little.

Still yet to go to the drags again.. Eventually will one day hopefully.