Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New battery already drained?

BakedPete

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Commodore 2000 series 2 olympic edition
Do you think i should take the battery to repco to get it tested if amps check out?

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
The date should be on the battery for warranty either on a sticker or stamped into the posts. If your in the west of Melbourne my mate runs a after hours mobile battery shop and he can test it for free.

BakedPete

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi mate. I will get the battery tested at repco as its only 5 mins away from my place. But thanks anyway.

BakedPete

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok. So i went to repco and found out that my battery is ok buts its been drained. The guy that works at repco told me that there was nothing wrong with the battery but their is something in the car that's had a feast of the battery for the passed 10 months. I bought a new multimeter from there today so i wanted to see how much DCA i was getting only to realize i had blown the fuse by first connecting the pins then turning it on (NEVER DO THAT) so i still don't know if my DCA is under .70 or over. Then i went to super cheap (just a few shops down) and they told me that the battery is drained. They also told me that they can replace it. so tomorrow morning im going to the bank and getting a statement from 10 months ago. I will make another post tomorrow night and tell you guys whats going on, but i will still be reading your replys and getting back to you.

BakedPete

Reaction score
Members Ride
The battery was drained so i had to get a new one.
Something in the car drained the battery.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
The battery was drained so i had to get a new one.
Something in the car drained the battery.

Then charge it and fix what is draining the battery, no point in replacing the battery. Its just going to go flat like your current one.