Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No fuel gauge with check engine light

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Finally got around to confirming the code today…
P0463 - Fuel level Sensor A Circuit High
(scangauge out of my other car did the job)

I‘ll ring Holden this week…wish me luck

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, so a good news story…finally got the car looked at this week…fuel level sender replaced at zero cost. Parts and labour picked up by Holden under warranty, not bad since the cars warranty expired 3yrs ago. But having said, I wouldn't expect anything else. Car is immaculate with only 22k kms. They did try the $150 diagnostic fee…told them it’s not happening and flat out refused.
Only problem now is that I have to take it back due to the exhaust not been fitted and aligned properly. Exhaust tips are completely on an angle and now rubbing on diffuser

Attachments

• 24D465D4-6AD8-49E1-ACED-BD4D027070BD.jpeg
    24D465D4-6AD8-49E1-ACED-BD4D027070BD.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 49

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Looks like they didn't tighten exhaust flange tight enough. Watch out it hasn't taken the paint off the bumper.

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks like they didn't tighten exhaust flange tight enough. Watch out it hasn't taken the paint off the bumper.
Thanks, and yeah, I’m worried about that too. Car is back to the dealer tomorrow morning for them to deal with it.
You would think after seeing the car and the owner (me), that they would know to ‘handle with care’ and that the owner is fussy. Actually, they should do this for all customers

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Yeah. I remember when I had a radar unit replaced under warranty on my ute I got it back and the rear bumper was loose. I noticed that they forgot to put in the scrivets in the bottom. So I took it back to them and they said sorry we'll fix it straight away. Okay, great I thought. Got it home and I noticed it was still loose! They put the wrong size scrivets in!!!
So, anyway, I just said BUGGER IT and fixed it myself. No problem since.

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
So the bloody saga continues…you were right @Anthony121
Holden realigned the exhaust and said sorry and on your way. Not before I checked the rear bar…yep…paint has been rubbed off on both sides
I refused to let them continue to f@$k with my car. (They want to repair it)
Ive taken the car to a panel shop of my choice and will be invoicing Holden. (Quote came back for repair $1364.69)
So pissed that my car has been damaged by amateurs that don’t give a ****.

Attachments

• 8889D4FA-75E2-48C6-BAD0-30583ECE08D0.jpeg
    8889D4FA-75E2-48C6-BAD0-30583ECE08D0.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 46

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
On it goes….car stalled at the lights last Sunday arvo, tried to restart with no joy. Plenty of fuel in the tank, starter cranks but she won’t fire. (It tries to with a little rumble and then the starter kicks in again)
I suspect that the dealer has f@$ked something in the process of changing the sender. Fuel pump? Wiring? Who knows. All I know is that my biggest fear came true...My car damaged by incompetence.
Exhaust not tightened and damaged rear bar when they swapped the sender. Now this

Had to wait for a tow to get home and of course now another tow to the dealer. (After Easter) Even the tow process could introduce more damage FFS.

Stay tuned.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
are u sure the hose from the other side of the tank was fitted ? if not it will only use 1/2 or so tank and run out if it cant suck fuel from the other side

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
are u sure the hose from the other side of the tank was fitted ? if not it will only use 1/2 or so tank and run out if it cant suck fuel from the other side
No, not sure of anything, but you could be right, fuel gauge sitting on 1/2!
Is this something that I can check easily? Or does the exhaust/tank have to be removed?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
No, not sure of anything, but you could be right, fuel gauge sitting on 1/2!
Is this something that I can check easily? Or does the exhaust/tank have to be removed?
u have to be able to get to the module to see if its clipped into the base of it, also that the other end is connected to the base of the sender so it can draw from that side, if u can check each sender (with scan tool easiest) then that will show if drivers side is showing empty and the passenger side is full or 3/4 which when put together will be about half full