Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] off the hook with this one??

V

VT Ryda

ok, so heres the story. i was driving on the highway doing 150km in a 100 zone (obviously over the limit) and there was a car in front of me doing the same or close to speed, the vehicle in front of me was in the left lane and i was in the right. WE then passed a speed camera van parked on the side of the road which i had seen flash the car in front of me, but i am unsure if it got my car, keeping in mind that i was less than 1 car length behind this car, is it possible that it could have flashed the car in front of me and missed my car? or that it may not have gotten a clear picture of mine?

its been approximately 5 weeks and still no fine, so im assuming that im off the hook...

and has any one had a similar experience?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
it took them 3 months to send my letter out lol

V

VT Ryda

really, everyone that ive spoken to say that it only takes 3 weeks max. how many k's over were you doing?

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
really, everyone that ive spoken to say that it only takes 3 weeks max. how many k's over were you doing?

Well if he says he was doing 150 in a 100 zone I think its quite possible he was 50 kms over the limit.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Well if he says he was doing 150 in a 100 zone I think its quite possible he was 50 kms over the limit.

And hopefully he did get snapped and will lose his license. Dumb ass. 150 in 100 zone? FFS. 50 k's over = instant disqualification and BIG fine, OP, if you did get snapped, then you got off easy.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
That's hoon lawed here in WA

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
I have to say Ryda you are pretty much a tool if you come on here bragging about doing 150 in 100 zone. Really thats all your doing isnt it. Next time go do that out in the middle of a padock where that are lots of trees and clean yourself up. That way there is one less of you on the road!!!

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
And some other things:

1. You come onto a public forum asking (or just skiting) whether or not you "got away" with what you did.
2. We are all just car enthusiasts- not cops. How the hell would we know if you got away with it or not?
3. If you want to know whether you will get a fine in the mail, then go down to you local cop shop, ask to speak to one of the traffic officers, tell them what you told us and ask if he or she thinks you have escaped being snapped by the flash for cash.
4. This is a forum for people wanting to share knowledge or learn about car information, not a legal aid site!!!!