Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I was referring to the clock panel

it wouldn't use the can, cause it isn't linked , as you said, its plug and play

TazzI has posted the info you need about the clock panel
I still have a clock but it now on the 8in screen

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I actually think the silver looks good though!

TazzI, I like it also, but seeing some here are picking the silver, I may plastic dip the Fascia & silver trim to black
& post some images, I can alway take the plastic dip off if its looks crap

And many thanks for all that info, the radio does work good & that big 8in screen dominates the dash.
looks like I may need to update my speakers, the new unit is much more powerfull then the stock radio.

Do you know if it possible to change the dash lights to green?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Do not know as I dont have dual zone controls, but it has setting for on/off dual zone in the auto/car setup screen,
there is lots of stuff you can change on that screen. Don't forget it is only for series 1

In the end the Heater & AC work the same as before, but with all the info on the screen.

cewing if you look at the image in TazzI post, you can see a 0'C at the top right of the screen,
this would be for temp I would say & seeing I don't have auto and dual zone it only display a 0

Ahhh.. that would be outside temp I think? That could be fixed I think, or at least simulated to say something like 22deg.

Right, so there is a setting for on/off of dual zone. Perfect.

TazzI, I like it also, but seeing some here are picking the silver, I may plastic dip the Fascia & silver trim to black
& post some images, I can alway take the plastic dip off if its looks crap

And many thanks for all that info, the radio does work good & that big 8in screen dominates the dash.
looks like I may need to update my speakers, the new unit is much more powerfull then the stock radio.

Do you know if it possible to change the dash lights to green?

Fair enough, sounds good.
I find plasti dip tends to dull off pretty quick. I think theres some gloss black type plasti dip now which I think would suit it better.

Which dash lights are you referring to? As in the radio... or everything?

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I find plasti dip tends to dull off pretty quick. I think theres some gloss black type plasti dip now which I think would suit it better.
Which dash lights are you referring to? As in the radio... or everything?

I could use the plasti dip to see what it would look like as I have a can
The dash lights are the ones on speedo, so I have red speedo dash lights & the radio has grean lights,
have looked at the radio setting & I could find Buttons keys 1, 2 & 3 changing them does nothing, some of there other units can change there colore,
Mat at Dig Options has been very helpfull, he seeing if the color can be change by software, seeing its a Android who knows

Thank for all your help, Did you see this
http://http://www.digoptions.com.au/led-display-to-suit-ps-4pl-and-ps-4ml
it may fit in that area where the radio clock is displayed

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Easy, the genuine IQ system is $2500 & you got to go VIC to get it fitted
This one is much more then the IQ one & only costs $749 & only takes less the 2hrs to fit
Look at there Web site to see what it can do

http://http://www.digoptions.com.au/android-gps-for-holden-commodore-ve-series-1-nav-b

My son has a VE SSV & he say it shits over the IQ with what it can do.
Where I park my car I can get the Internet on it as it has Wi-Fi & a browser, download games as it is a android system, watch movies on it, did I say it has a BIG a 8in screen like the VF

It fits the dash great, the only thing is it only comes in silver that may be a put off for some,
I was going to plastic dip the Fascia & silver trim to black, don't know yet

as VPFreak said ' I would leave it silver, as it looks more "factory" '

Why would anyone want a web browser on a stereo in their car? Like seriously, buy an iPhone. And the IQ is cheaper if you workout how to do it yourself. Aftermarket makes it cheap and tacky was all my point was.

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Why would anyone want a web browser on a stereo in their car? Like seriously, buy an iPhone. And the IQ is cheaper if you workout how to do it yourself. Aftermarket makes it cheap and tacky was all my point was.

That funny, 'web browser on a stereo in their car' that was the same thing people said about the first phones that had the the Web
'And the IQ is cheaper if you workout how to do it yourself' no it is not, the cheapest I have seen is $1200 + $700 for the Nav then you have to get it VIN to your car more costs
The unit I got is only $750 for all, you talk about Aftermarket makes it cheap and tacky, it that why you have
'RamJet OTR, Adjustable J-Pipes, HSV Headers, 200 Cell Hurricane Cats, Custom IQ System, MAFLess Personally Tuned Vehicle (PTV)'

Why pick it when you have not seen it, Anyway you dont have to like it, I do & so do all that see & hear it
Thank's for you post

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
That funny, 'web browser on a stereo in their car' that was the same thing people said about the first phones that had the the Web
'And the IQ is cheaper if you workout how to do it yourself' no it is not, the cheapest I have seen is $1200 + $700 for the Nav then you have to get it VIN to your car more costs
The unit I got is only $750 for all, you talk about Aftermarket makes it cheap and tacky, it that why you have
'RamJet OTR, Adjustable J-Pipes, HSV Headers, 200 Cell Hurricane Cats, Custom IQ System, MAFLess Personally Tuned Vehicle (PTV)'

Why pick it when you have not seen it, Anyway you dont have to like it, I do & so do all that see & hear it
Thank's for you post

I suppose my 'signature' could be worse......... it could say V6 lol *exits this thread*

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I could use the plasti dip to see what it would look like as I have a can
The dash lights are the ones on speedo, so I have red speedo dash lights & the radio has grean lights,
have looked at the radio setting & I could find Buttons keys 1, 2 & 3 changing them does nothing, some of there other units can change there colore,
Mat at Dig Options has been very helpfull, he seeing if the color can be change by software, seeing its a Android who knows

Thank for all your help, Did you see this
http://http://www.digoptions.com.au/led-display-to-suit-ps-4pl-and-ps-4ml
it may fit in that area where the radio clock is displayed

Nah I wouldnt bother trying to fit some aftermarket display. Just need to have that top gauges set to dual.
I did a SSV colour screen upgrade today and the top SIC display still displayed when in dual gauge mode without a radio connected.

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Well TazzI
My wife got in the car for the first time since I put the radio in & she said 'your not going to paint it black I like it silver & it goes with the silver trim'
So now it stays silver, got to keep the wife happy :blah blah:

Shaneo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Sedan
I am unsure about the look of the unit, nothing against your purchase and I would love to upgrade the tech in my SSV but it just doesn't get me over the line. I think it's the button layout and dials just look a bit dated to me.