Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OZTRACK, Anyone used them for a SSV, or SS?

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
Orssom OTR and X-Force on this Saturday. Already changed the speakers to Rockford Fosgate 7" front splits, 5.25" Rear door 2 ways, 6x9 in rear shelf, 4" centre speaker Pioneer amp, JL 12" in enclosure and MTX mono block. de-badging the SS sides and replacing with SSV from the ute as well. see how this goes, already thinking about a cam lol

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Orssom OTR and X-Force on this Saturday. Already changed the speakers to Rockford Fosgate 7" front splits, 5.25" Rear door 2 ways, 6x9 in rear shelf, 4" centre speaker Pioneer amp, JL 12" in enclosure and MTX mono block. de-badging the SS sides and replacing with SSV from the ute as well. see how this goes, already thinking about a cam lol

So Maf or Mafless?
You are going to replace the SS badges with SSV badges????? on the side of the car? I thought all SS variants had SS on the side and the including the SSV, but the SSV has an SSV badge on the back...

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
Retain the maf, ill have to talk to Steven on the day. See what he has to say about the maf or mafless options.

SSV utes have SSV on the sides also, sedans rear only and SS on sides.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
Retain the maf, ill have to talk to Steven on the day. See what he has to say about the maf or mafless options.

SSV utes have SSV on the sides also, sedans rear only and SS on sides.

I just checked out the Growler, locks nice, but it doesn't use the Maf, it is a MAFless set up, so as far as your initial concerns about being legal for your insurance, it isn't. Also if you are getting the Growler put on this saturday and then the tune next saturday, just keep in mind that your car won't run untill you get the tune, so you will need it towed from where ever you get the OTR put on it to Oz-track for the tune(so you will be without a car for a week). I think maybe you need to re-asses the situation.

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
I just checked out the Growler, locks nice, but it doesn't use the Maf, it is a MAFless set up, so as far as your initial concerns about being legal for your insurance, it isn't. Also if you are getting the Growler put on this saturday and then the tune next saturday, just keep in mind that your car won't run untill you get the tune, so you will need it towed from where ever you get the OTR put on it to Oz-track for the tune(so you will be without a car for a week). I think maybe you need to re-asses the situation.

CAI Pty Ltd - Orssom Performance OTRCAI Products

The benefits of the Orssom Performance intake over our competitors are:

NO laying back of radiator to fit the intake
NO cutting or lengthening of any electrical wires
NO cutting of any body panels to fit intake
NO removing bumper bars to clean or replace air filters
MAF or MAFLESS, can be fitted with or without the factory Air Flow Meter. (Custom tune is required if fitting Mafless)

Can be done either way.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
CAI Pty Ltd - Orssom Performance OTRCAI Products

The benefits of the Orssom Performance intake over our competitors are:

NO laying back of radiator to fit the intake
NO cutting or lengthening of any electrical wires
NO cutting of any body panels to fit intake
NO removing bumper bars to clean or replace air filters
MAF or MAFLESS, can be fitted with or without the factory Air Flow Meter. (Custom tune is required if fitting Mafless)

Can be done either way.

My mistake, I some how had Growler in my head, but you didn't mention Growler!!!
T

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha, all good. When are you upgrading your stereo? Awesome set up your getting!