Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plates: whats the point?

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
I'm on my Ps. Never been pulled over. I'm thinking it's because my car looks fairly stock from the outside - No wank factors.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I'm also on my p's and I regularly drive a very loud n low blown v8 calais. I've never had problems with the police, been pulled over once for an rbt police officer was polite and courteous, wished me a nice day. Maybe some p platers need to look at their driving style, and where they are driving, a lot of the time they are getting hassled because they are loitering rather than just using their cars as transport. They are just doing their job, if you aren't doing anything wrong you do have anything to worry about :)

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
Just to satisfy my own curiosity, was this a serious question- Why to p plates have to be displayed? ... or is it just another twist on your typical p plater have a sook and bitch thread? The bitching and sooking has been done to death here a thousand times over. How about some useful posts..........

yes it was a serious question

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
P Plates are pointless. Probationary licences are not.

the "P" in P plates actually stands for provisional (as in having certain restrictions or provisions to having a full licence) not probationary....just thought id point that out.:D

somerandom

Reaction score
when i was in qld a few weeks ago i taken my plates off the first instance i got over the boarder no hassles

i get back in vic and not 1 day later i get pulled over for a rbt and license check + told to slow down when i was doin 70 in a 70 zone sigh!!

p plates are there so cops can go 'ahh another victim lets hassle him!!' - everyone knows that :p

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
when i was in qld a few weeks ago i taken my plates off the first instance i got over the boarder no hassles

i get back in vic and not 1 day later i get pulled over for a rbt and license check + told to slow down when i was doin 70 in a 70 zone sigh!!

p plates are there so cops can go 'ahh another victim lets hassle him!!' - everyone knows that :p

yep, and they wonder why p platers complain.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
QLD'ers have to display P plates now, and let me tell you, since that's happened they are usually the main problems on the roads. Driving like tools. Not all of them, of course not all of them. But theres a few that always attract the attention.

Now, I've said this before.
If your not doing anything illegal, if your car is legal. Then why is everyone so worried about people pulled over or targeted. I used to get pulled over heaps, no plates, just a car that got attention from the police. Never worried me, if your not doing anything wrong they can't do anything to you.

P Platers are always complaining when something is done like this, just stick within the rules until your no longer a P plater, you won't have any problems, except the ones that want to drive like idiots.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I got RBT'd twice in 5 minutes once. Shounak only once...probabaly because he drives a newer car and he doesnt fit the mould of a hoon.

First time was coming back from a cruise, pulled into a side street just before a Booze Bus (was following shounak) to check melways, all of a sudden cops spring out of the bushes and play 20 questions. Fair enough, but as soon as you blow 0.0, the lecture and attitude should stop except he kept going on and on and on and on.

Shounak meanwhile was being breathtested and asking the cop about directions (with neons on :S)

Then when we got out of that street and drove up the road, he was waved through the Booze Bus with his neons on even, but i was stopped for a second time...so much bullshit :p

Oh...just thinking, they say "P Platers are hoons, blah blah" you all know the way they pretty much smear every P-Plater with the same brush. Yet say for instance, somebody was to come out and say "All Muslims are Terrorist and Rape Sympathisers" there would be such an outcry, yet its okay to stereotype P-Platers.

They want us to grow to be responsible adults and drivers and 99% of us will, its the 1% that messes it up. They should treat P-Platers with more respect, there from the experiences when my dads been RBT'd, they've been nice as hell to him, but as soon as they see the red P some seem to throw respect out the window.

And another thing...speed camera's....how do they save lives? Every year the number of speed camera's goes up, the government tells us that they are "making a difference" and getting people to slow down and "reducing the road toll" but the statistics dont match up, the road toll isnt improving to match their stats.

Should do what they do in denmark or somewhere with a name like that, to make people more aware of the speed limit (7 out of 10 dont follow the speed limit) they've got girls in red hotpants and nothing else holding up the speed signs and "jiggling" apparently its working :whistling

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well I'm all for that idea, I think speed cameras are working to an extent, the only thing that needs to be changed is the size of the fines, I think they need to be tripled. For a couple of points and 250 dollars noone really cares. Make it 2 points and 1250 dollars. You will stop people speeding.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
any one know what exactley is the reason behind diplaying a P plates on both front and back windows. the only reasons i can see is so that cops know who 2 target. it makes sense to have a probaitionary licences by they (the cops) can look at your license to see that...we dont need big pull me ova plates as well. i see the point also in having L plates cause most cant drive for **** but P platers have passed three tests done numerous hours and been given the ok to drive. come one people be fair.

It's because they are all out to get you. Much easier to identify you with big plates in the window :thumbsup:

Reaper